Raspberry Glen Ample (pack of 6 canes)
Raspberry Glen Ample is an exceptionally heavy yielding midsummer variety that shows good levels of disease resistance. The canes are spine free, upright and of good vigour, and the fruits are large, bright red with an excellent flavour, supplied in a pack of 6 bare-rooted canes.
Raspberry Glen Ample is an exceptionally heavy yielding midsummer variety that was bred in the U.K. and shows good levels of disease resistance. The canes are spine free, upright and of good vigour, the fruiting laterals are long and very upright with sparse leaf, resulting in excellent fruit presentation. The fruits are large, bright red and of excellent flavour.
Raspberries are totally delicious, but very expensive to buy fresh in shops. One of the most popular soft fruits they are high in fibre and an excellent source of vitamin C, folic acid, iron, magnesium and potassium.
Raspberries will grow almost anywhere provided they are planted on a well drained soil, although you will need to improve the ground if planting on a heavy, shallow, sandy or gravelly land. They can be expected to provide worthwhile crops for ten to twelve years, before needing to be replaced.
- Raspberry 'Glen Ample' is supplied on 30-40cm bare-rooted canes
- The fruits are large, bright red and of excellent flavour.
- Awarded the RHS Award of 'Garden Merit'
- Single canes should be planted 40cm (16in) apart in a row
- The best row width is 1.5-1.8m (5-6ft)
- Supplied in a pack of 6 canes
- Available for despatch from November - late March.