The Summer Raspberry Support uses our tried and tested high quality components. The frame is made using high quality galvanised steel 25mm square tubing, powder coated matt black for a long lasting finish and comes complete with discreet black stainless steel fixings and has a 10 year framework guarantee.
The wire support used in the frames is a 2mm diameter, high strength, galvanised multi-strand steel cable. It passes through holes in all the steel posts and features professional gripple system tensioners. These create an incredibly strong and attractive support system to train fruit plants.
The Summer Raspberry Supports are supplied in 2m or 3m lengths measuring 1.6m/5ft 3" H above ground - uprights insert 40cm/16" into the ground for great stability. Each kit is supplied with 2 steel upright posts, steel cross support and 2 rows of wire spaced 40cm/1ft 4" and 1m 3ft/3" from the floor.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK by us
- 10 year framework guarantee
- Designed following consultation with the RHS
- 25mm (1") Square Steel Frame - galvanised and powder coated matt black for long lasting finish
- All upright posts decorated with ball finial
- Supplied with discreet black stainless steel fixings
- 2mm diameter high strength galvanised multi-strand steel cable
- Cable secured using gripple system tensioners
- Supplied with 2 steel upright posts, steel cross support and 2 rows of wire
- Available in 2m or 3m Length kits
- Each kit measures 1.6m/5ft 3" High (above ground - uprights insert 40cm/16" below ground)
- Hole Former ARC-021 is available as an optional extra
Can't see the right size or style? All of our Harrod Supports can be made in a number of alternative configurations including 90º angles, even wider 45º to 195º angles, along with custom lengths and heights - please visit our Made to Measure section for more information and contact details.
I bought this to use as an espalier frame for a plum tree, having previously bought one for an apple tree. It arrived promptly and although it is a bit early to rate its performance, so far so good. As usual, the service was prompt and efficient. Thank you.
We have used 5 supports for chrysanthemums, not raspberries. They were easy to assemble and position BUT, we managed to break off the screw thread on one of the "balls". The test will come when we remove the supports at the end of the season.
This is a very well designed and sturdy piece of kit, which should serve its purpose for many years. My only criticism is that, as others have said, it would have been helpful if the cable had been cut into two lengths rather than supplied as one - cutting it is quite difficult. Full marks to Harrod for customer service - there was a problem with a misdelivery by the courier (twice!) and Harrod supplied replacements rapidly and without question.