Physalis franchetii, also known as Chinese Lantern, is a hardy herbaceous perennial which produces papery orange lanterns which protect the seeds well into the autumn and make an excellent dried flower.
This ornamental plant will be an attractive addition to the garden reaching a height of 75cm and spread of 90cm, adding colour to the borders late into the year.
Ideal for the UK climate this hardy Physalis plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F).
Buy single plants or SAVE with pack of 3 plants!
- Physalis franchetii (Chinese Lantern / Bladder Cherry) - Hardy, herbaceous perennial
- Orange papery lanterns from August to November
- Originates from central and southern Europe, Asia to Japan
- Hardy down to -15°C (5°F)
- Keep an eye out for caterpillars
- Height - 60 -75cm (24-30in) Spread - 90cm (36in) plus
- Full sun or partial shade - prefers fertlie, well drained soil
- Makes excellent dried flower
- Supplied in 1.5-2 Litre pots
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery