Organic Sturmer Pippin Apple is a very late dessert apple that is harvested in November and at its best between January and April, the medium sized apples have fairly distinct ribbing.
The round conical apples are sometimes lop sided with a greenish yellow skin which turns flushed orange brown at picking. Crisp, juicy and flavoursome to eat, Sturmer Pippin are a sweet dessert apple with a balance of sharpness.
Developed in 1827 in Suffolk, the trees are supplied on Moderate Vigour (MM106) or Semi Dwarfing (M26) Rootstock. The apples are ready for picking from November and can be stored until April under the right conditions.
Organic Sturmer Pippin Dessert Apple Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March
- Organic Sturmer Pippin Dessert Apple Trees supplied in semi-dwarfing forms
- Semi-dwarfing get to 3.5m
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery - Soil Association Organic Certificate
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Crisp, juicy and flavoursome
- Pick from November - at its best between January and April
- Stores until April under correct conditions
- Greenish Yellow skin - turns orange brown at picking
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Summer thinning boosts final yield
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.