Organic Spartan Apple Trees produce round conical shape apples with maroon coloured skin, often grown as a commercial variety but grows very well in the garden.
The skin colour makes these apples quite distinctive and the white flesh has a good flavour with hints of strawberry and melon. The trees can often be heavily fruiting so if thinned early larger apples will be produced.
Supplied on Moderate Vigour (MM106) or Semi Dwarfing (M26) Rootstock, the apples are ready to be harvested from early October and will keep in the correct conditions until January.
Organic Spartan Dessert Apple Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March
- Organic Spartan Dessert Apple Trees supplied in moderately vigorous and semi-dwarfing forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees approx. 1.5m when supplied and will reach up to 5.5m in bush form
- Semi-dwarfing get to 3.5m
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery - Soil Association Organic Certificate
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Good flavour - hints of strawberry and melon
- Pick from early October
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Distinctive maroon coloured skin
- Skin can develop bloom which can easily be polished
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Summer thinning boosts final yield
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.