James Grieve Apple is a very well known dessert apple variety with medium-large apples that have an excellent flavour, sweet with an acid balance.
Although the James Grieve is a delicious dessert apple, if picked early they can also make good cooking apples. The apples have a warmly coloured yellow striped with orange skin. The round conical shaped apples will not keep for a long time. James Grieve Organic Apple Trees are hardy and are a good pollinator.
Supplied on Moderate Vigour (MM106) or Semi Dwarfing (M26) Rootstock, the apples are ready to be harvested from late August and will keep in the correct conditions until October.
Organic James Grieve Apple Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March
- Organic James Grieve Dessert Apple Trees supplied in moderately vigorous and semi-dwarfing forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees approx. 1.5m when supplied and will reach up to 5.5m in bush form
- Semi-dwarfing get to 3.5m
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Sweet with acid balance flavour
- Pick from late August
- Hardy and good pollinator
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Yellow striped with orange skin
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Summer thinning boosts final yield
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.