The Organic Herefordshire Russet Dessert Apple is a new Russet variety producing medium sized apples with a rich Cox like flavour and a warm golden colour skin.
Herefordshire Russet is a trouble free variety that yields well and is a really good new dessert apple which offers a different appearance to mostly red flushed dessert apples.
The trees are available on Moderate Vigour (MM106) and Semi Dwarfing (M26) Rootstock and can be harvested from late September onwards, storing well until January under the correct conditions.
Organic Herefordshire Russet Dessert Apple Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Herefordshire Russet Apple Trees supplied in moderately vigorous and semi-dwarfing forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees approx. 1.5m when supplied and will reach up to 5.5m (18') in bush form
- Semi-dwarfing get to 3.5m (11')
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Trouble-free and easy to grow
- Will store until January under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Medium sized apples with warm golden skin
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice.
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.