Organic Beurre Hardy Dessert Pear Trees originate from France and carry the Beurre prefix (meaning butter) and although not all continental pear varieties grow well in the UK, you can expect plenty of medium to large fruits from this popular pear variety.
Supplied in a bare rooted maiden form, our Organic Beurre Hardy Dessert Pear Trees are ideal for training as espaliers or cordons and you can choose from Quince A rootstock trees (moderately vigorous growth) or the slightly smaller Quince C rootstock grown trees to suit your garden and the space you have available. The pears from Organic Beurre Hardy Dessert Pear Trees are usually harvested from mid September and will store until October; but these very juicy, well flavoured and russet brown/faint red fruits might not make it that long before you tuck in!
Organic Beurre Hardy Dessert Pear Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Beurre Hardy Dessert Pear Trees supplied in moderately vigorous and semi-dwarfing forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees approx. 1.5m when supplied and will reach up to 5m (15') in bush form
- Semi-dwarfing get to 3.5m (12')
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery - Soil Association Organic Certificate
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Popular dessert variety - pick from mid September
- Will store until October under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Fruit is medium to large in size with russet brown and red colouring
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Thrives in most areas
- Very juicy and flavoursome fruit
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions.
Be the first to write a review for this product.
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice.
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.
Cultural and Growing Advice