These Niwaki GR Pro Topiary Clippers from Niwaka are perfect for box clipping, topiary and other jobs in the garden where double handed shears can be too large and awkward.
They are not suitable for hard woody cuts, but are absolutely indispensable for trimming small box balls and finishing off larger topiary work, reaching easily into tight spaces.
Hand forged in Yamagata, deep in the mountains in northern Japan, from high carbon steel, with a solid, chunky catch at the bottom and a robust spring.
Yellow grips not only look great but will show up in the garden if you place them down, the tips cross over a bit when fully closed which allow for years and years of use and sharpening.
- Niwaki GR Pro Topiary Clippers
- Ideal for box clipping and topiary
- Hand forged from high carbon steel
- Robust spring and solid chunky catch
- Blades measure 110mm blades
- Overall length 270mm
Keeping them clean:
- scrape off leaf resin and gunk
- if necessary use water to rinse off, then dry thoroughly. There's nothing wrong with a scrubbing brush and washing up liquid.
Keeping them sharp:
New tools won't need sharpening for some time, but after a while you'll notice them gradually lose their edge, especially if you're box clipping (you need really sharp blades to get a good finish with box).
-sharpen Secateurs every couple of weeks
-sharpen Shears and Topiary Clippers EVERY TIME you use them - the difference is amazing