How many slats do you get with each section?
For each module you will receive 6 slats. Slats are only available online on 2nd and 3rd tiers only. Please see below for quick reference;
59cm length – 6 slats
116cm length – 12 slats
173cm length – 18 slats
230cm length – 24 slats
287cm length – 30 slats
343cm length – 36 slats
What are the advantages of having slats rather than trays, and vice versa?
- Having the ‘lift out’ trays allows the removal of plants for ‘hardening off’ outside. They are also designed to be fitted into a wide range of seed trays, for working on. The trays can be turned over to give a flat working surface, or shelf.
- Slats are the preferred option for using, as a layer to hold grow bags. They allow easy watering and improve air circulation, which in turn prevents ‘damping off’, and disease.
How many footplates are needed for my size?
Please see below for quick reference;
56cm length – 4 footplates
116cm length – 6 footplates
173cm length – 8 footplates
230cm length – 10 footplates
287cm length – 12 footplates
343cm length – 14 footplates
4. Do you supply the staging in a colour?
We have discontinued the green staging due to lack of customer demand and now only supply in the natural aluminium finish.
5. Are the slats and trays interchangeable?
If your staging has 3 tiers, the slats/trays on the 2nd and 3rd tiers will be interchangeable, but the top/1st tier cannot be changed. The slats/trays on the top/1st tier are made slightly larger than the other tiers because they need to sit on a top support bar that runs along the inside of the staging. The 2nd and 3rd tier does not have this particular support bar.
6. What tools are required for assembly?
You will only require a 10mm spanner, or 1 per person, depending on how many persons are assembling the staging. Prior to assembly, it is advisable to check that you have received the correct parts, and see how wide your greenhouse door is, so that you know whether to erect it inside or outside the greenhouse.
7. Why is there a large gap around the outside of the trays, once they’re placed onto the staging?
This gap is to make it easier to lift the trays from the staging whilst wearing gardening gloves.
8. Can I purchase extra slats/trays?
Yes, you can. However, you will need to make sure that you order the correct sizes, depending on which tier they will be positioned on. Please see below for a guide;
GRP359 – bottom slat – can only be used on the 2nd and 3rd tier
GRP364 – top tray – can only be used on the top tier
GRP369 – bottom tray – can only be used on the bottom tier
If you would like to place an order for any of the above please call our Customer Services Department on 0333 400 6400 (local rate).
9. Do you offer an assembly service?
At the moment this is not something that we can offer. However, with the new and improved instructions for assembly should make it simple. However, If you do experience problems, please email our Customer Service Team with any photots and details of staging problems or call 0333 400 6400 (local rate) to speak to one of Customer Services Team.
10. How are the footplates attached to the staging?
The footplates are not actually attached to the staging legs; they are simply placed onto the floor so that the staging legs sit on top of them. One footplate measures 7.5cm x 9.5cm, with a 3cm lip.
11. How easy is it to clean my staging?
The greenhouse staging is very easy to clean due to the removable slats and trays. To clean the staging, simply hose down with warm water. If you would like to use a product, a greenhouse cleaner or disinfectant, such as our Concentrated Greenhouse Cleaner (GRE-454) would suffice.
12. What is the maximum weight that the staging will withstand? Will the order of slats or trays make a difference?
The strength of our greenhouse staging has been tested by our technical design department for weaknesses, by using compost bags, these being the most relevant object to use. The team found that each module will hold up to 77kg; a module is the area between each upright. Whether the staging has slats or trays, it will hold the same weight, which should be more than enough for the average gardener.
13. What is the distance of each level from the ground?
1 & 2 tier; the top shelf is approximately 81cm from the ground, the bottom shelf is 11cm from the ground and approximately 60cm from the top shelf.
3 tier; the top shelf is approximately 122cm from the ground, the middle shelf is 71cm from the ground and approximately 51cm from the top shelf, and the bottom shelf is 21cm from the ground and 50cm from the middle shelf.
14. Can I use the staging without bottom trays or slats?
The staging can be used without the bottom trays or slats, however it will need to have the horizontal supports to keep the frame taught and secure. Without these supports, it would surely collapse.