These Nantes Carrots have a lovely sweet flavour and are a bit of a classic in the carrot world with the carrots growing up to 6" long, perfect for cooking or using in salads.
Growing carrots is very rewarding and there is something so satisfying about pulling the long roots out of the soil and then cleaning and cooking them, they are packed full of flavour compared to shop bought carrots.
- Pack of 10 young healthy carrot plants
- Variety: Early Nantes
- Produces long straight carrots up to 6" long
- Grown pesticide free
- Suitable for cooking or using in salads
- Delivery from Mid to Late May
Please Note: Due to postage charges incurred we require a minimum order of 3 separate packs of plants on all orders of vegetable plants.
Choose a site that is stone free so that they can develop their carrot shape. The plants are fairly versatile but grow best in very light, deep soils and not so well in heavy or sticky clay soils. If you don't have the right type of soil you can do one of the following:
- Create a trench about 20cm deep and 20cm wide and fill with a mixture of good quality compost and sand.
- Use a reasonably deep planter (20cm) containing a light sandy compost mix. Level the top of the soil carefully.
The Carrots can be grown in Raised Beds, Planters or Large Containers. Allow 8cm gap between plants.
The Carrots will arrive in biodegradable pots - if there is more than one plant growing in the pot remove the smallest of the plants leaving the largest in the pot. Carefully peel off the base of the biodegradable pot before planting. Remember to weed regularly for a better crop.
Protect the plants from carrot fly with a barrier of fleece or insect mesh up to 50cm high or try our purpose built Carrot Fly Screen.