CAMILLIA 'Dr Burnside' probably the best known of all the camellias, Japanese Camellia (Camellia japonica) produces medium to large very dark red flowers 8-10cm (3-4in) across to 10-13cm (4-5in) across.
A vigorous, upright, evergreen shrub, much valued for its rich green foliage and semi-double to peony-form flowers. Prefers sheltered site, sunny or shade, and any well drained neutral/acid soil.
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F)
- Camellia Japonica Dr Burnside
- Tall Shrub - produces medium to large flowers 8-10cm (3-4in) across to 10-13cm (4-5in) across
- Semi-double red flower - Two rows of petals with conspicuous stamens
- Height - to 9m (28ft) Spread - to 8m (25ft)
- Flowers February to April
- Supplied in 2 litre pots
- Available as singles, or packs of 3 and 5
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery