Introducing our Beepol Bumblebee Hive to your garden will supplement the number of bumblebees in your garden to improve crop quality and speed up garden production. They are impressive pollinators, carrying heavy loads at a time, and even work during periods of sub-optimal weather conditions including low light, strong wind and drizzle. As an option, you can place the Beepol Bumblebee Hive in our attractive and protective handcrafted timber Bumblebee Lodge or Bumblebee Tree Lodge.
Please note: Beepol Bumblebee Hives are delivered April/May - Hive Vouchers can also be purchased and claimed at a later date.
Remember you will need a Shelter for your Hive such as a Bumblebee Lodge.
- Maintenance free and contains UK native bumblebee species
- Features an easy to use trap door release system
- Viewing Panel in Lid
- Hive measures 26cm W x 20cm D x 14cm H (21cm W without lid)
- Hive can be placed in lodge or cabin, or positioned in a shady place out of rain and direct sunlight
- Supplied with full siting and cultural information
- Bees reared in disease free, hygienic conditions
- Hive contains a queen bee, 40-50 worker bees and eggs
- Bumblebees are unsurpassed pollinators of fruit, vegetables and flowers
- Expect increased fruit set and yields
- Bees will die out in autumn but the beepol colony will produce new queens, which will leave the hive and set up new nest sites
- Valuable addition to any garden
- Can also be sited in greenhouse
- Educational for children and ideal for schools
This product is exempt from any promotions
We're sure you'll understand that as the bees are live creatures, the less time they spend in transit the better. That's why our couriers will always leave the hive at the delivery address even if no-one is home but to make things easier, we'll e-mail or phone you in advance to advise of delivery. Please could you ensure that you provide a daytime telephone number and e-mail address - preferably both - to make the delivery process as smooth as possible.
I bought the Bumblebee Lodge last year and achieved so much satisfaction by simply watching these beautiful creatures go about their daily business I couldn't wait to get another hive this year. Specific bee friendly flowers have been grown to surround the lodge near to where I can sit and watch without fear of these friendly giants. I have named my lodge Camp Beestion in recognition of our armed forces which in itself is very close to my "man-shed" named Bumblebee Manor.
Delighted with our Bumble Bees and their lodge. I found it most helpful to be able to talk yo your expert befroe ordering. Mrs Mavis Mellors
What The Press Say
Nature : Your Own Bee Hive
Bees are the most important pollinating insect and their decline in numbers has been widely reported. Historically the only answer for a gardener has been to plant bee friendly plants. That's about to change with the introduction of Harrod Horticultural's exclusive Beepol range.
Bumblebees . . . In a box! Buy a ready-made hive and help these beauties get their buzz back
I've been trying the Beepol hive, wich is the size of a shoebox and has about 30 live bees in in. I placed it under a shrub to protect it and opned the little flap through which they can come in and out. Since spring the number of bees in the box has increased dramatically, as has the size of their honeycomb.