We've found these Bayliss Automatic Greenhouse Vent Openers to be the best on the market and are suitable vents for both wooden or aluminum greenhouse windows and frames.
With the two of the most important aspects of successful greenhouse growing being adequate ventilation and preventing excessive temperatures, the Bayliss XL Greenhouse Autovents are invaluable as they react to changes in greenhouse temperature and open and close vents accordingly . Please note that although the Bayliss XL Autovent will fit the vast majority of greenhouses, some models of Halls and Robinsons may require additional fixings. We also recommend the Bayliss MK7 Autovent for use on any Alton greenhouse structure.
- Bayliss XL Autovent can be simply clamped onto aluminium greenhouses without any drilling
- Alternatively, bolt on using existing holes or drilled holes
- Bayliss XL Greenhouse Autovent is 28cm long and will lift a vent weighing up to 5.5kg, or a vent approximately 61cm x 76cm (24" x 30")
- Opens approx 30cm
- Supplier offers 2 year guarantee on replacement cylinders but they should last approximately 6-10 years
- Additional fixings (not supplied) may be required for fitting to some Halls and Robinsons models
- Please note: The autovents do not fit our Harrod Superior Greenhouses
They arrived quickly, I fitted them myself (NB female & 70+).And they work!
This vent is well constructed, easy to fit and great value - recommended.
What The Press Say
Grow Your OwnMarch 2018
Smart Gardening - GYO must-haves
Bayliss Autovents manufacture a range of quality automatic window openers to fit virtually any style of greenhouse.
Garden News18th June 2008
"If you haven't already got automatic openers installed for your greenhouse windows, fit some straight away. Automatic openers work by wax within their cylinder expanding when it's hot, pushing a piston to open the window and contracting in cooler temperatures to close the window again. Worth the investment to free yourself from being controlled by the vagaries of British weather - no more trips to the greenhouse to open and close windows manually every time the weather changes!"