Here's a netting you can use all year round - the Superior Windbreak and Greenhouse Shade Netting puts the brake on damaging winter and early spring gusts before turning its impressive 50% shade-giving capabilites to protecting greenhouse seedlings and plants from the scorching rays of the mid summer sun.
This green, high density windbreak is made from strong, UV stabilised, monofilament polyethylene and reduces the destructive physical and drying effects of wind, whilst also providing 50% shade.
The windbreak and shade netting comes complete with eyelets woven into the seam every 1" for easy fixing to posts or greenhouse glazing bars and is available in 1m, 2m & 3m widths, by the linear metre or in a range of extra value saver packs.
Extra Value Offer! Save up to £20 with our Extra Value Superior Windbreak and Greenhouse Shade Netting packs!
- Superior Windbreak and Greenhouse Shade Netting supplied in 1, 2 and 3m widths
- Sold by the linear metre or in 10, 25 and 50m pre-cut cash-saving packs
- 100 grams per square metre
- High density polyethylene
- Green in colour
- Provides 50% shade
- Use to protect plants and shrubs from damaging winter winds
- Ideal for sun protection in greenhouse in summer
- Eyelets woven into top and bottom seams for easy fixing
- 1" space between eyelets
- Attach to posts for wind protection
- Can be tied to glazing bars or roof beams in greenhouse for 50% shade
- Please Note: Some Netting packs will arrive folded
Used this for both a greenhouse and externally on a conservatory roof - very well made and easy to use. Stands up to all weathers. Protects greenhouse plants from direct sun without any issues. Would prefer a more natural product rather than monofilament polyethylene but can't find alternative currently. The environmental cost is very high but especially for the conservatory is a much better solution than looking at roof replacement.
"Good windbreak netting is essential if you want your plants to survive the damaging gusts of winter and especially early spring when blossom and flowers can easily be lost. Strong winds can also erode valuable top soil, causing shrubs and plants to rock and become unstable as well as breaking branches and giving diseases an access point; long term vegetables such as sprouts can also be blown over and snapped. A protected and sheltered garden or plot will also enjoy warmer temperatures; the benefits just mount up! This netting can also be used to provide excellent (50%) summer shading to greenhouse crops which will help prevent scorching, wilting, rapid drying out of soil and overheating. It's a great all year round netting if ever there was one!"