Verbena Bonariensis is a hardy, clump-forming herbaceous perennial with violet-purple flowers on tall growing stems which reach heights of up to 2m.
Originating from South America this attractive verbena variety has rough, branching stems bearing a few oblong-lance-shaped, wrinkled leaves to 13cm (5in) long with toothed margins. Produces flowers 6mm (¼in) across in flat heads to 5cm (2in) across from midsummer to autumn.
Buy single plants of SAVE with packs of 3 plants!
- Verbena Bonariensis - Hardy, herbaceous perennial
- Produces violet-purple flowers from July to October
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Originates from South America
- Hardy plant - can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Keep an eye out for aphids, leaf hoppers, thrips and slugs
- Wildlife plant - superb for attracting butterflies
- Short-lived but self-seeds to give strong plants
- Height - to 2m (6ft) Spread - 45cm (18in)
- Prefers Full Sun - protect with winter mulch in frosty areas
- Fertile moist well-drained soil
- Supplied in 1.5 - 2 Litre pots
- Please allow up to 14 days for delivery
To support Thalictrum Hewitt's Double we recommend our best selling Trumpet Plant Supports:-