Give your beds and borders the protection they deserve from slugs by surrounding them with the Slug Barrier System - guaranteed for a full five years against weather damage, the system is supplied in a complete kit and is a perfect way to keep slugs out of your vegetable patch.
- 1 kit size available
- 76cm x 76cm or 0.580 sq m(2.5 ft x 2.5 ft or 6.25 sq ft) - consists of 4 corner sections and 4 straights
- Kit supplied with all connectors and repellant
- Repellent effective in both the wet and dry
- Protected by the small lip on top of the plastic wall
- Environmentally friendly
- Non toxic
- Not harmful to wildlife
- Safe to use with children and pets
- No poisons used
- Barrier guaranteed for 5 years against weather wear
- Repellent lasts for 6 months or more
- Not washed away by rain
- Protect individual trees or plants to entire beds - even surround your allotment!
Slug Barrier System Soil Preparation
Make sure the soil is level and even, so that when the barrier is put in place there are no holes underneath the barrier. If there are any gaps under the barrier simply fill them in with soil. The barrier can also be used on hard flat surfaces such as: concrete, tarmac, paving and small shingle. You are now ready to put your barrier into place. It is suggested that you start with a corner piece, working from the left hand of the corner piece, when placing your first straight section onto the end of the left hand of the corner piece (which has a small hole) place the end of the straight section (which has a small peg on the underside) into the hole on the left hand end of the corner section. Make sure the peg clicks through the hole on the corner section. Repeat this process until you go all the way around the plot ending up at the corner piece where you started... (continues)
Read more (PDF Format) >>
What The Press Say
"Link together to protect anything from containers to entire borders - you could even surround your greenhouse."
If you want to try a hi-tech solution to your slug problems, this is the one for you. It is a heavy duty, permanent structure which surrounds your bed completely and the manufacturers claim protects it for 6 months. On the plus side, after that it can stay maintenance free for most of the season.