Rhododendron Ginny Gee is a spreading dwarf evergreen shrub with dark foliage and bright rose-pink buds opening in spring that turn to small light pink flowers which then fade to pink-flushed white.
An acid loving plant that needs a lime-free soil, ericaceous compost specially formulated for acid loving plants. An easy care stunning shrub just remove faded flowers to keep the shrub tidy. Perfect for flower borders and beds, courtyard gardens and containing gardening on the patio.
Typically only grows to a maximum of one or two feet in height but there will be some exceptions, forms dense, cushion-like mats. Multiple trusses of tubular-funnel-shaped flowers 2.5cm (1in) long cover the leaves.
Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Rhododendron Ginny Gee
- Dwarf evergreen shrub
- Height - 0.6m (2ft) Spread - 0.9m (3ft)
- Dark green leaves 1-5cm (½-2in) long
- Flowers April - May
- All shades of pink flowers fading to white
- Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil - ideally pH4.5 - 5.5
- Full Sun or partial shade - shelter from strong winds
- Supplied in 2-3 litre pots
- Available as single or packs of 3
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery