Rhododendron Germania is a slow growing medium evergreen shrub with bold dark green leaves and is covered in masses of rounded clusters of deep pink flowers in April and May.
Best suited to a sheltered position in the garden in part shade, ideal towards the back of a border where it will create a stunning spring highlight and act as a lovely backdrop to other plants for the rest of the year.
Rhododendron Germania is an acid loving plant that needs a lime-free soil, or create a raised bed and fill with ericaceous compost specially formulated for acid loving plants. An easy care plant just remove faded flowers to keep the shrub tidy.
Hardy - average winter - Hardy through most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
- Rhododendron Germania is a medium evergreen shrub
- Dark green leaves and upright trusses of deep pink flowers
- Typically grow to around 4-6 feet in height
- Height - 1.5m (5ft) Spread - 1.5m (5ft)
- Full Sun or Partial Shade
- Plant in Fertile moist well-drained soil - humus-rich
- Neutral to acid soil - ideally pH4.5 - 5.5
- Flowers April - May
- Available as single or pack of 3
- Supplied in 2-3 litre pots
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery