Redcurrant Junifer is an early ripening variety that out yields all other redcurrants, it crops on both one year and two year old wood to give a good yield even in the first season.
Closely related to the gooseberry, red currants have a markedly different flavour and use. Redcurrants produce insignificant flowers followed by long strings of shiny berries, with a sharp flavour. High in vitamin C these attractive berries can be used together with raspberries and blackcurrants to make a traditional Summer Pudding, or made into a flavoursome jelly to accompany roast lamb.
- Redcurrant 'Junifer' is a high yielding redcurrant bush
- Very high quality fruit borne on long trusses
- Easy to grow with good disease resistance
- Supplied on 40cm bare-root stock
- Available for despatch late November - late March.