The New Popadome Fruit Tree cover is exclusively available to us, can be erected easily in minutes and offers your fruit trees protection from birds.
The Popadome Fruit Tree protection cover is UV stabilised comes with 10mm square mesh and is easily erected by fitting the fibreglass poles together that feed through a sleeve in the netting.
The pole is anchored to the ground and the top end bends over the tree allowing the netting to be draped around. A cord is attached to the zip access which can be pulled to close up the netting and a drawstring around the base allows the bottom of the netting to be closed and drawn in towards the pole.
- Fruit Tree covers provide complete protection from birds
- Fibreglass poles easily fit together and UV stabilised 10mm square mesh netting
- Supplied with a handy carry bag and can be repacked when not in use
- Approx. 3.5m High x 2.6m Diameter
- The pole is anchored to the ground with an 8" tent peg
- The cover also uses the tree for support and there is a draw string round the base to draw in any loose net material
- Note: You may lose some fruit to the birds if the netting is allowed to rest on the fruit
I think it is a great product and really keeps the birds off. The only problem I have had is I live in windy Suffolk and I have had to put extra guide ropes in otherwise it blows around knocking off the fruit
Easy to erect by two septugenarians and looks very impressive.
As far as I can find this is a unique product. Unfortunately that means that Harrod have little reason to develop it or reduce its price. One major problem I have found with it is that on an exposed allotment site it is not sufficiently stable and so I have had to add three guy ropes to hold it stable over the tree. Secondly Harrod do not offer replacement netting covers. If they did I would buy more but as it is the lifetime will be limited by the netting which is less good value.
What The Press Say
Grow Your OwnApril 2017
Protect Your Crops
Keep your crops safe and sound on the plot with a Popadome