The New Popadome Fruit Tree cover is exclusively available to us, can be erected easily in minutes and offers your fruit trees protection from birds.
The Popadome Fruit Tree protection cover is UV stabilised comes with 10mm square mesh and is easily erected by fitting the fibreglass poles together that feed through a sleeve in the netting.
The pole is anchored to the ground and the top end bends over the tree allowing the netting to be draped around. A cord is attached to the zip access which can be pulled to close up the netting and a drawstring around the base allows the bottom of the netting to be closed and drawn in towards the pole.
- Fruit Tree covers provide complete protection from birds
- Fibreglass poles easily fit together and UV stabilised 10mm square mesh netting
- Supplied with a handy carry bag and can be repacked when not in use
- Approx. 3.5m High x 2.6m Diameter
- The pole is anchored to the ground with an 8" tent peg
- The cover also uses the tree for support and there is a draw string round the base to draw in any loose net material
- Note: You may lose some fruit to the birds if the netting is allowed to rest on the fruit
- We advise taking popadomes down during high winds or heavy snow as the excessive wind or weight of the snow can damage the frame
Well , we brought one a 4 years ago for our cherry trees. It's still going strong and now I've brought a couple more. The best thing I've found to protect the fruit on my trees. After struggling with trying to get netting over the trees this is so much easier. Really easy to set up with two people once you get the knack.
I am a first time user. It is not easy to setup and would benefit from 2 perhaps 3 people to place over a tree. I laughed and cursed trying to place it over a cherry tree. The pole kept bending every and opposite direction making it difficult to manoeuvre. Un-zipped and untied the netting to wrap round the cherry tree like a coat. Broke some branches and bent others attempting to bring the netting around the front. Quite a few branches poke through the netting which rather defeats the purpose. The stated 3.5m height almost halves when attempting to zip up the net. I fixed the pole to the top of a garden/boundary wall in order to get the dome over the tree. The cherry tree looks like it's wearing a straightjacket. It has so far managed to keep the pigeons from the top of the tree. Waiting to see if they figure out it's open at the bottom because the drawstring closure doesn't quite reach. Would include a photo but it's too embarrassing.
I bought 2 of these but they only last a few years. The netting and the cover which holds the support pole are both breaking down (presumably due to UV light) making them useless. Also not very easy to put up or take down over a plum or pear tree.
What The Press Say
Grow Your OwnApril 2017
Protect Your Crops
Keep your crops safe and sound on the plot with a Popadome