Organic Onward Pear Tree
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery.
It'll be onward to delicious pears with Organic Onward Pear Trees, which produce delightful fruit rivalling Comice for taste, flavour and juice content.
Originating from Wisley, a real hotbed of horticultural activity, Onward pear trees fall into pollination group C which means you'll need varieties from groups B and D (but not Doyenne du Comice - its one of Onward's parents) to set a crop - and like all pears, Onward will pay you back in pears if you provide a sunny location.
Onward fruit is medium sized with yellow/green skin and a mouth watering creamy, white white flesh which melts in the mouth - and as the maiden trees we supply are grown on moderately vigorous Quince A rootstocks, they'll be plenty of that delicious fruit for you to consume.
And on the subject of picking pears, Onward fruit ripens in September and will store through to October under the correct conditions.
Organic Onward Pear Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Onward Pear Trees supplied in moderately vigorous or semi-dwarfing forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees will reach up to 5m (15') in bush form
- Semi-dwarfing trees grown on Quince C rootstock reach 3.5m (12')
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group C
- Use varieties from groups B, C or D to pollinate (except Comice)
- Extremely popular dessert variety
- Pick from September
- Will store until October under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Fruit is medium to large in size with yellow/green skin
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Thrives in full sunlight
- Very juicy and flavoursome fruit
- Creamy white flesh
- Related to Comice
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice.
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.