Organic Herman Plum Tree is an early ripening reliable dual purpose plum tree that can ripen from early July. The roundish plums are of medium size with a distinct suture that is often broad and deep.
A relatively new plum variety, supplied on moderately vigorous St Julien A rootstocks. Bred in Sweden at breeding station and known from 1972, perhaps the early ripening was of benefit to Swedish fruit growers with their shorter summers. Ripens to a blue/black colour with thick blue bloom and greenish yellow flesh of superb flavour.
Organic Herman Plum Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Herman Plum Trees are supplied in moderately vigorous form on St Julien A rootstocks
- Trees grown on St Julien A rootstock reach 3.5-5.5m
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery - Soil Association Organic Certificate
- A reliable cropper suitable for growing as a bush tree
- Picking time - early/mid July Pollination group - C
- Prune young trees in early spring and more established trees in mid-summer to avoid silverleaf
- Medium sized fruit round shaped with blue/black skin and greenish/yellow flesh
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Ideal dual purpose plum with excellent flavour
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice.
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.