Organic Glou Morceau Pear Tree has delicious dessert pears, it arose in Belguim around 1759 but grown in the UK particularly in Victorian times, its name means 'delicious morsel'.
This pear variety has spread throughout the world including the southern hemisphere being valued for its quality and long ripening period into the following year. It is a very good garden pear that requires a sheltered situation particularly if grown away from the south of England.
Organic Glou Morceau Pear Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Glou Morceau Pear Tree
- Pears are pyriform in shape
- Green skin colours to golden when ripe
- Flesh becomes buttery, melting sweet yet with some sharpness
- Pollination group - D
- Quince A Maiden - moderate vigour
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery - Soil Association Organic Certificate
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Popular dessert variety - pick from mid October
- Will store until January under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Thrives in a sheltered position
- Very juicy and flavoursome fruit
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions.
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice.
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.