Organic Early Prolific Plum Tree
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery.
Get your plum picking season off to a flying start with Organic Early Prolific Plum Trees; just like their name suggests, they're heavy croppers and you could be harvesting your first fruits as early as July
Sorry, this product is no longer available.
And although you'll have to wait until Early Prolific plums are ripe before tucking into them, you can certainly get to work in the kitchen making plum sauces and jam. The price you have to pay for this early plum crop is poor storage quality - all the more reason to enjoy them immediately.
The all important Early Prolific plums are oval in shape, have dark blue skin and a golden yellow flesh and as the organic Early Prolific plum trees are supplied on moderately vigorous St Julien A rootstocks, picking isn't gloing to be a problem! As Early Prolific isn't a self fertile variety, you will need to introduce a pollinating tree from groups C or E (Early Prolific falls into pollination group D) to ensure your tree is brimming with those early season plums!
Organic Early Prolific Plum Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Early Prolific Plum Trees supplied in moderately vigorous form on St Julien A rootstocks
- Trees grown on St Julien A rootstock reach 3.5-5.5m
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Ideal for fan training on a sunny, south facing wall
- Heavy and reliable cropper
- Suitable for growing as a bush tree
- Pollination group D
- Pollinate with Majorie's Seedling (group E), Blue Tit (C) or any other varieties from those groups
- Popular early variety - pick from July
- Ideal for culinary use
- Allow fruit to ripen before eating
- Does not store well
- Prune young trees in early spring and more established trees in mid-summer to avoid silverleaf
- Fruit is oval shaped size with blue skin and golden flesh
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Some frost resistance
- Ideal for making jams and preserves
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £4.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £4.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0845 218 5301 for a quotation.