Organic Doyenne du Comice Pear Trees
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery.
Give these famous Organic Doyenne du Comice Pear Trees full sunlight and they'll reward you with arguably the juciest, sweetest pears you'll find anywhere.
Due back in: November 2018
There is a Minimum Order Quantity on Fruit Trees - 3 Fruit Trees any variety
Widely grown across the UK and Europe, Comice pears are medium to large in size, dripping with juice when harvested in October and will store through to November. The organic Doyenne du Comice pear trees we supply are grown on moderately vigorous (Quince A) rootstocks, giving you plenty of scope with planting and eventual training and spread of the trees.
This extremely popular pear tree variety falls into pollination group D (the equally well know Concorde is an excellent pollinating partner) and Doyenne du Comice is perfectly suited to training as a cordon or espalier.
Organic Doyenne du Comice Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Doyenne du Comice Pear Trees supplied in moderately vigorous forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees approx. 1.5m when supplied and will reach up to 5m (15') in bush form
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Grow as a bush tree or train as an espalier or cordon
- Pollination group D
- Use varities from groups C, D or E to pollinate
- Extremely popular dessert variety
- Pick from October
- Will store until November under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Fruit is medium to large in size with yellow colour
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Thrives in full sunlight
- Very juicy and flavoursome fruit
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
Planting and Delivery Information
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.