Organic Czar Plum Trees
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery
Organic Czar Plum Trees will produce heavy crops of the renowned dark purple skinned fruits - which can be eaten straight from the tree when ripe as well as making it into the kitchen
Fruit Trees are no longer being despatched - Now only available to pre-order for November 2017 delivery.
Organic Czar Plum Trees got their distinctive name thanks to a visit by Russian Tsar Alexander II, who had visited England in May of 1874 while the first crop was beginning to grow - and ever since, plum growers both commercial and amateur have raved about the jam and preserve making qualities of this very popular early culinary plum variety.
Grown on the moderately vigorous St Julien A rootstock, our Organic Czar Plum Trees are supplied as maidens which makes training them as spectacular fan trees along a warm, south facing wall an easy job. Czar plum trees will also flourish in bush tree form too and produce heavy crops of the renowned dark purple skinned fruits - which can be eaten straight from the tree when ripe as well as making it into the kitchen - which are ready to pick in late July and August. The Czar plum variety also has some frost resistance and is self fertile, adding to the attraction!
Organic Czar Plum Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March
- Organic Czar Plum Trees supplied in moderately vigorous form on St Julien A rootstocks
- Trees grown on St Julien A rootstock approx. 1.5m when supplied and reach 4-5.5m (12' - 18')
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Fruits in 2-3 years
- Ideal for fan training on a sunny, south facing wall
- Heavy and reliable cropper
- Suitable for growing as a bush tree
- Pollination group C but self fertile
- Popular early culinary variety - pick from late July
- Prune young trees in early spring and more established trees in mid-summer to avoid silverleaf
- Fruit is medium in size with a dark red skin and yellow flesh
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Some frost resistance
- Ideal for making jams and preserves
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £14.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0845 218 5301 for a quotation.
Cultural and Growing Advice