These Organic Concorde Pear Trees are a cross between renowned pear varieties Conference and Doyenne du Comice - and the result is a heavy fruiting variety with sweet, juicy, melt-in-the-mouth flesh, the perfect pear for growing in the garden.
The compact nature of Conference pear trees coupled with the semi-dwarfing Quince C rootstock our Organic Concorde Pear Trees are grown on means these pear trees are ideal for training in cordon form but as the organic trees are supplied as maidens, growing as espaliers or in bush tree form is just as easy. Expect to pick medium sized yellow pears with some slight russetting from late September onwards from your Organic Concorde Pear Trees but as with all pears, it's best to pick the fruits while still green and allow to ripen indoors. Under the correct conditions, Concorde Pears will store up to November.
Organic Concorde Pear Trees are despatched in bare-root form between November and March.
- Organic Concorde Dessert Pear Trees supplied in moderately vigorous or semi-dwarfing forms
- Vigorous rootstock grown trees will reach up to 5.5m (18')
- Semi-dwarfing trees grown on Quince C rootstock reach 3.5m (12')
- Raised on Soil Association certified and DEFRA inspected specialist nursery
- Compact growing habit makes Concorde an ideal cordon pear tree
- Suitable for growing as a bush tree or training as an espalier as well
- Pollination group C
- Popular dessert variety - pick from late September
- Will store until November under correct conditions
- Prune in winter when dormant
- Fruit is medium in size and coloured yellow with russetting
- Supplied with siting, planting and training leaflet
- Comes in maiden form for easy training and pruning
- Thrives in most areas and a great garden variety
- Very juicy fruit with melting flesh
- See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quotation.
This product is exempt from any promotions
Planting and Delivery Information
See our Guide to Successful Fruit Trees for more growing advice.
Planting - do not attempt to plant your fruit trees when the ground is frozen or waterlogged. The trees can be stored in their packaging in an outbuilding or garage for 2-3 days, or can be heeled into the soil where the ground is not as frozen. Alternatively, plant up in large pots or containers and ensure the roots have good contact with the soil.
Delivery - delivery of your fruit trees is £9.95 to most parts of the UK. Unfortunately fruit trees are unable to be delivered to Northern Ireland and Eire. Customers in the Scottish highlands and islands should e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone on 0333 400 6400 for a quotation.
Cultural and Growing Advice