Jam Making Sealing and Labelling Accessories Kit
The Jam Making Sealing and Labelling Accessories Kit contains a selection of handy covers, bands and wax circles to give your home-made jam a real country kitchen look whilst sealing in all that goodness and taste
The Jam Making Sealing and Labelling Accessories Kit contains a selection of handy covers, bands and wax circles to give your home-made jam a real country kitchen look whilst sealing in all that goodness and taste!
The kit contents are suitable for 1lb (0.45kg) jars and include self-adhesive labels - supplied in four attractive designs - to allow you to easily distingush between jams and chutneys and avoid any culinary disasters; matching covers to give jars a traditional finish; waxed circles for sealing in taste; 11cm diameter transparent covers for extra protection and a handful of small rubber bands to keep everything in place and your jam, chutney and preserves in tip-top condition!
- Kit contents all designed to fit 24 x 1lb (0.45kg) jars
- Includes 24 self-adhesive labels in 4 attractive kitchen designs
- Each label measures 8.5cm wide by 4.5cm deep
- 15.5cm diameter patterned paper covers match labels in design and quantity
- Waxed circles (24, each 5.5cm diameter) are inserted when jam is still hot to seal in taste - place waxed surface in contact with jam
- Apply 11cm diameter plastic covers when jam is hot or cold (but not tepid) - 24 in total
- Secure covers with 24 handy small-sized elastic bands
I brought these to help me get started with my first batch of Jam and I think its a great little kit and good value for money. Hope my jam tastes as good as my jars look.
Jam Jar Sealing Tips
- Place the waxed circles onto the just-poured hot jam in the jar - apply with the wax surface in contact with the hot jam
- Only apply covers when the jam is hot or cold, not tepid - this can promote mould growth
- Transparent covers help to create a tight seal around the top of the jar
- To apply, firstly wipe the rim of the jar before moistening one side of the cover and place in postion with the damp side up
- Use one of the rubber bands to secure and as the cover dries, it will create a tight seal
- Wipe clean and dry jars before affixing labels
- Store jars in a cool, dry dark and well ventilated location