Jakoti hand shears are more efficient than the conventional two-handed garden shears. You can use one hand for snipping and the other for holding and collecting the greenery, while the long pointed blades make them far more versatile than secateurs.
The special ergonomically designed handles of the hand shears and the low tension spring make them comfortable even if using for long periods, even with small hands.
We do advise that Jakoti handshears are kept in a dry environment as they will rust if kept in a damp shed or put away wet. The blades will stay incredibly sharp regardless of any rust spots, but if you wish to remove them then this is easily achieved by rubbing with a bit of wire wool.
- Hand crafted from high quality carbon steel
- 15cm/6" Blades & 15cm/6" Handles
- Self sharpening blades ensure a clean cut every time
Ideal for all sorts of gardening tasks, topiary, cutting back perennials, lawn edging, dead heading and trimming
- Made using traditional metalwork skills
- These Jakoti hand shears have been refined and developed over the last 30 years resulting in unmatched design, quality and performance
- Hand made leather holster available using the very best quality leather is a perfect addition to the Jakoti handshears
- The holster that can also be fitted on to a belt for convenience, also offers protection for the blades
- To see Monty Don using Jakoti hand shears on BBC Gardeners World click on the Videos tab above
Good shears and work well. However, keep these indoors in a dry place! Ours have been in the garden shed for 6 weeks and despite being oiled are already rusting which is rather disappointing.
Many thanks for your feedback. Jakoti have advised us that the handshears are best kept in a dry environment as they will rust if kept in a damp shed or put away wet. The blades will stay incredibly sharp regardless of the rust spots, but if you wish to remove them then this is easily achieved by rubbing with a bit of wire wool.
I've been looking for something like this for a while - and it performs as described. I would have upped my rating to 5 star but ergonomic or not, after several hours of use, spread over two days, I developed RSI in my right hand. Ouch! Still using the shears but in smaller doses.
What The Press Say
Which? GardeningDecember 2014
New Products - find out what Which? thinks first
Our Verdict: These simple hand shears are sturdy and surprisingly comfortable to use. I used them to cut back privet, box and lavender in rather wet weather and the matt-plastic-covered handles gave a good grip. The blades are very sharp, dealt with woody stems easily and cut cleanly through stringy lavender. They made quick work of trimming but were still precise. I found the spring between the handles quite strong and the span was wide, so if you've got weak or small hands they may be tiring to use. For quick jobs though, I think these shears would be a useful addition to a gardener's tool set. - Adelaide Gray, Senior Researcher.
BBC Gardeners WorldDecember 2014
Jakoti Hand Shears - ideal for single handed snipping