Insect mesh netting is a must have in the vegetable garden, protecting your plants from pest attack this UV stabilised, long-lasting insect netting will keep out common garden pests such as carrot fly, cabbage root fly along with butterflies and birds.
The insect mesh is made from 100% polyethylene, which is strong and durable but also light enough to be laid directly over crops. The mesh netting will also form an effective barrier when placed over our garden netting hoops.
This insect netting has a 1.35mm square mesh and is available in 2m, 2.5m, 3m, 4m, and 5m widths, by the metre or in EXTRA VALUE packs of 5m, 10m and 50m.
- Fine mesh netting protects against common garden pests and stops butterflies and birds
- Exceptionally strong tear resistant 60g material
- Available in 2m, 2.5m, 3m, 4m & 5m widths
- Available by the metre or in 5m, 10m & 50m Extra Value Saver Packs
- If buying by the metre, please enter total length required into quantity box above
- Ideal for creating a physical barrier to combat carrot root fly, butterflies caterpillars and birds.
- Lightweight enough to be placed directly on crops
- Permeable enough to allow a flow of water to pass through freely
- Protects against the weather elements - mild frost, hail, heavy rain and wind
- Insect Mesh Protection Netting provides approx. 12% shade and approx. 40% windbreak
- Effective for domestic or commercial use.
- Please Note: Some Netting packs will arrive folded
Samples of all Harrod Horticultural netting are available on request - please e-mail our Customer Services Team or telephone 0333 400 6400 (local rate) with the samples you would like.
Please note: Although the material is an animal deterrent, we cannot guarantee that it is animal/squirrel proof.
Used it to protect against the dreaded Carrot Fly. Can be difficult to cut.
I have used this product over many years but needed a fresh length to protect my carrots against the dreaded carrot fly having some hoops made and I hold the edges down with old window sash weights
We wanted to "winterproof" an area outside the greenhouse where we have a pergola. The netting has created a brilliant frost free area and looks great. It has attached to the pergola with ease and will last for many years. We also have it over the open sides of the spa shelter so we can use it during the winter months and cannot recommend it strongly enough. (We also use it as carrot fly netting on the veg patch!!!)
View All Packs & Prices
We can offer a joining service - please email our Customer Services Team or telephone 0333 400 6400 for a quote.
The Insect Mesh is available in 2m, 2.5m, 3m, 4m and 5m widths, by the single metre or in saver packs as below:-
2m x 1m = £3.95 (GDN-018)
2m x 5m = £16.75 (GNE-036) save £3
2m x 10m = £34.50 (GNE-037) save £5
2m x 50m = £157.50 (GDN-017) save £40
2.5m x 1m = £4.45 (GDN-040)
2.5m x 5m = £19.25 (GNE-038) save £3
2.5m x 10m = £39.50 (GNE-039) save £5
2.5m x 50m = £181.50 (GDN-425) save £41
3m x 1m = £4.95 (GDN-043)
3m x 5m = £21.75 (GNE-040) save £3
3m x 10m = £44.50 (GNE-041) save £5
3m x 50m = £207.50 (GDN-044) save £40
4m x 1m = £5.95 (GNE-282)
4m x 5m = £27.75 (GNE-283) save £2
4m x 10m = £54.50 (GNE-284) save £5
4m x 50m = £249.50 (GNE-285) save £48
5m x 1m = £7.45 (GNE-286)
5m x 5m = £34.25 (GNE-287) save £3
5m x 10m = £64.50 (GNE-288) save £10
5m x 50m = £299.50 (GNE-289) save £73