Hotbin Mini Composter (100 litre)
The HOTBIN Mini composter, RHS Chelsea Product of the Year 2019, is a 100 litre unit which benefits from all of the same features as the 200 litre Hotbin composter but is a smaller version for households with less waste.
The New HOTBIN Mini is a slimline hot composter designed for smaller gardens and for keen composters who have less waste. Half the volume of the HOTBIN Mk.2, the HOTBIN Mini is a 100 litre unit which benefits from all of the features on the Mk.2 model but on a smaller scale.
The HOTBIN works all year round including the winter months, it arrives assembled and is ready to use and comes with a whole entourage of extras which will help revolutionise your home composting set up.
- 100L HOTBIN Slimline Composter
- User Guide
- Lid Thermometer
- Kick Start Bottle
- Internal Thermometer
- Raking Stick
- 25L Bag of Bulking Agent: partially composted wood chip
- RHS Chelsea Product of the Year 2019
- Made from expanded polypropylene (EPP) 50mm thick walls - Lightweight (96% air) & 100% recyclable
- Measures 450mm wide x 450mm deep x 1125mm High
- Capacity of 100 litres - approximately slim sized wheelie bin
- Weight 4kg (when empty) - 18kg including everything supplied
- HOTBIN is delivered fully assembled with user guide included
- Situating the HOTBIN - anywhere on a flat surface - soil, patio, grass, gravel or paving in sun or shade
- Designed for an 1-2 person household with or without a small garden.
- Bulking agent - partially composted woodchips required in hot composting to aerate the waste.
- Shredded Paper - used to control moisture levels in the HOTBIN.
- Long-stem thermometer for tracking temperature during setup of the HOTBIN included
- Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle') included
- Fully insulated walls
- Uses latest composting technology
- Hinged lid
- Helps promote temperatures of 60°C in top layer
- Internal thermometer for tracking exact temperature in top layer of waste
- Air inlet and outlet for effective aeration
- Capable of producing mulching compost in 30 days and mature material in 90 days
- Manufacturers advise cooked meat/bones/fish can be added
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and unwanted visitors
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- Biofilter unit to stop any unfriendly smells
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost
- 3 year manufacturing guarantee on the HOTBIN unit
- 1 year guarantee on sundries (raking stick, cam straps, additional thermometer)
- Please Note: The HOTBIN is not vermin proof.
- For more information download the Hotbin User Guide (1.09MB)
As the HOTBIN Composter is a bulky item, there will be an extra delivery charge to addresses outside of UK Mainland - extra delivery charges will be made when delivering to Scottish Highlands, Offshore Scottish Islands, Orkney & Shetland Islands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and Channel Islands. Please e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone us on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quote..
What The Press Say
Kitchen GardenJuly 2019
Whats New? The latest news, products and facts from the world of kitchen gardening.
Hotbin Wins Top Award - This year's RHS Chelsea Garden Product of the Year Award 2019 has been awarded to the new HOTBIN mini. This is a small, efficient composter which packs in all of the original HOTBIN features into a smaller, slimline unit suitable for smaller urban gardens.