Hotbin Mini Composter (100 litre)
The HOTBIN Mini composter, RHS Chelsea Product of the Year 2019, is a 100 litre unit which benefits from all of the same features as the 200 litre Hotbin composter but is a smaller version for households with less waste.
The New HOTBIN Mini is a slimline hot composter designed for smaller gardens and for keen composters who have less waste. Half the volume of the HOTBIN Mk.2, the HOTBIN Mini is a 100 litre unit which benefits from all of the features on the Mk.2 model but on a smaller scale.
The HOTBIN works all year round including the winter months, it arrives assembled and is ready to use and comes with a whole entourage of extras which will help revolutionise your home composting set up.
Collecting the nutrient-rich liquid fertiliser from the HOTBIN is now even easier with the new Optional HOTBIN Mini Plinth (GCO-044). The Plinth raises your HOTBIN off the ground by 125mm (5 inches) providing easy access to slide a suitable receptacle underneath the HOTBIN tap when draining the liquid fertiliser.
Durable, sleek and hardwearing, situate the Plinth on a flat level surface and ease the HOTBIN into the contoured raised edges to provide a snug, firmly nested fit.
Makes collecting liquid fertiliser easy, Quick and easy set up and install, Waterproof and all year round weatherproof
- 100L HOTBIN Slimline Composter
- User Guide
- Lid Thermometer
- Kick Start Bottle
- Internal Thermometer
- Raking Stick
- 25L Bag of Bulking Agent: partially composted wood chip
Please allow 16-18 days for delivery - HOTBIN Gift Certificates Available on Request
Please note: Delivery to addresses in England, Wales and Southern Scotland is free. If you live north of the Scottish Central Belt, on a Scottish Island, in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and Channel Islands your order will incur an additional delivery charge - see below for details.
- RHS Chelsea Product of the Year 2019
- Made from expanded polypropylene (EPP) 50mm thick walls - Lightweight (96% air) & 100% recyclable
- Measures 450mm wide x 450mm deep x 1125mm high
- Optional HotBin Mini Plinth measures 456mm wide x 456mm deep x 135mm high
- Capacity of 100 litres - approximately slim sized wheelie bin
- Weight 4kg (when empty) - 18kg including everything supplied
- HOTBIN is delivered fully assembled with user guide included
- Situating the HOTBIN - anywhere on a flat surface - soil, patio, grass, gravel or paving in sun or shade
- Designed for an 1-2 person household with or without a small garden.
- Bulking agent - partially composted woodchips required in hot composting to aerate the waste.
- Shredded Paper - used to control moisture levels in the HOTBIN.
- Long-stem thermometer for tracking temperature during setup of the HOTBIN included
- Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle') included
- Fully insulated walls
- Uses latest composting technology
- Hinged lid
- Helps promote temperatures of 60°C in top layer
- Internal thermometer for tracking exact temperature in top layer of waste
- Air inlet and outlet for effective aeration
- Capable of producing mulching compost in 30 days and mature material in 90 days
- Manufacturers advise cooked meat/bones/fish can be added
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and unwanted visitors
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- Biofilter unit to stop any unfriendly smells
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost
- 3 year manufacturing guarantee on the HOTBIN unit
- 1 year guarantee on sundries (raking stick, cam straps, additional thermometer)
- Please Note: The HOTBIN is not vermin proof.
- For more information download the Hotbin User Guide (1.09MB)
Delivery is free to addresses in England, Wales and Southern Scotland. As the HOTBIN Composter is a bulky item, there will be an extra delivery charge if you live north of the Scottish Central Belt, on a Scottish Island, in Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and Channel Islands. Please e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone us on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quote.
Arrived well before expected date. Excellent instructions. Very easy to set up. Early days to clarify overall performance since during a cold weather spell, so used the hot water bottle technique and that seems to have worked. Noting considerable temperature changes in lid thermometer when unit is in direct sun, so now understand the importance of using the hand thermo.
What The Press Say
Kitchen GardenJuly 2019
Whats New? The latest news, products and facts from the world of kitchen gardening.
Hotbin Wins Top Award - This year's RHS Chelsea Garden Product of the Year Award 2019 has been awarded to the new HOTBIN mini. This is a small, efficient composter which packs in all of the original HOTBIN features into a smaller, slimline unit suitable for smaller urban gardens.