The frame saver clips used on the Harrod Slot & Lock® Aluminium Frame Vegetable Cage not only protect the framework of the cage but also make it easier to move the netting allowing for quick and easy access to your plants.
The fitted heavy duty 7mm butterfly netting, complete with neat stitched seams, sits inside the cage framework and is attached by the Harrod Frame Saver Clips. The clips simply hook through the netting mesh and connect to the top rods of the cage framework. The clips can then function like a curtain rail giving quick and easy access to the cage.
Under storm force winds and heavy snowfall the pressure against the netting causes the clips to detach from the framework. The netting then drops over the crops, so they remain protected, but the frame is no longer subjected to the forces that could cause the framework to buckle. See the Videos tab for a demonstration of the cage in action.
The framework itself comprises strong and corrosion resistant 16mm aluminium tubing which is secured using our Award Winning Harrod Slot & Lock® Connectors and stands 1.5m high when erected, ideal for protecting brassicas. The cages have also been updated to include the Harrod Net Claw Pegs - an innovative peg which is inserted into the ground once and use the tension of the netting to hook and unhook the netting from the claw teeth, saves unpegging and any potential net damage.
- Cage stands 1.5m H when erected.
- Netting detaches during storm force winds or heavy snow protecting framework
- Uses our innovative Harrod Frame Saver Clips - Patent Pending GB1319295.0
- Corrosion resistant aluminium framework
- 16mm wide and 1.2mm thick aluminium tubing
- Award Winning Harrod Slot & Lock® connectors secure frame
- 7mm Soft Mesh Butterfly Netting
- Net Clips allow netting to easily slide for easy access to plants
- Uprights insert 25cm/10" into ground.
- Supplied with innovative Harrod Net Claw Pegs
- Cages range from 1m x 1m to 3m x 3m
- Cages are also available in black powder coated finish
- Intermediate uprights are only included on cage lengths over 3m
What The Press Say
Allotment Notice Board
Crop Protection - Whatever space you have on your plot, you will undoubtedly want to keep it protected from pests, who all enjoy snacking on your crops as much as you do! Harrod Horticultural have the perfect solution, with the fantastic Slot & Lock cages, which are environmentally designed and come in a range of sizes. They are also now storm-proof, meaning that the net clips detach from the frame during high-winds or snowfall. The result? No damage to the structure! This great design won the Product of the Year award at this year's Chelsea Flower Show. For more information, visit harrodhorticultural.com
This year saw two products share the crown for Chelsea's Garden Product of the Year. Bosch's isio Shape and Edge Shear and Harrod Horticultural's Slot and Lock Storm-Proof Vegetable Cages both wowed the judges.