Harrod Slot & Lock® Brace Kits Aluminium Finish
The Harrod Slot & Lock® Brace Kits are ideal for reinforcing your 16mm diameter aluminium tubing vegetable cage and crop protection frames when the weather and light soils are doing their best to make your structure unstable
Made by us in the UK
The Harrod Slot & Lock® Brace Kits are ideal for reinforcing your 16mm diameter aluminium tubing vegetable cage and crop protection frames when the weather and light soils are doing their best to make your structure unstable.
Available as a Corner Brace, Mid Structure Brace and Single Sided Brace, the Harrod Slot & Lock® brace kits consist of diagonal aluminium brace stays and durable cleats which secure to the framework bringing stability and rigidity to vegetable cages of all sizes.
Simply slide your choice of Harrod Slot & Lock® brace kit onto the section of aluminium tubing during assembly of your frame, tighten up the stainless screws and enjoy complete vegetable cage and crop protection frame peace of mind.
- Harrod Slot & Lock® Brace Kits available in 3 versions - Corner Brace Kit, Mid Structure and Single Sided
- All brace kits supplied in natural aluminium finish
- All brace kits supplied as singles
- Brace kits consist of aluminium braces and durable cl;eats which secure to the framework
- Aluminium diagonal braces give extra strength to vegetable cages
- Use with our 16mm diameter aluminium tubing (available in both natural and black)
- Ideal for use in windy locations
- Adds stability to a cage or frame erected in light or soft soils
- Makes larger structures more rigid
- Simple to install
- Place in position when assembling cage
- Can also be retro fitted with little effort
Instructions are disappointing, too small to really understand how to put together the brace kit. The diagrams are very basic and difficult to follow and put together at the same time, once I had struggled to make up the first bracket it wasn't any easier to do the next 3. I am a DIY enthusiast however, this was frustrating and confusing and took more than 15 minutes to make one. I am not altogether happy to make what I order, I thought they would arrive made up as were the previous 4 I ordered 8 months ago, I guess Harrod have cut their staff duties and now leaving it up to the customer.
Many thanks for leaving a product review, we have checked out the problems you have found with our design team. They have said that these Corner Braces cannot be pre-made up as all parts are fitted to whatever size cage a customer purchases and needs to be fitted at point of assembly of the cage.
It looks stable. I'll see what happens when we get strong winds, as it is very exposed.
I bought two, when repairing two corner connectors, and was so impressed with the increased stability that I added two more. Hopefully I won't have to replace the 3-way connectors again, but next winter will be the big test. Cannot therefore score for product performance. Lessons learnt (1) put the fixing screws for the tube connectors in place before sliding the connectors onto the tubes; (2) use a larger screwdriver for the bolts.