Producing 70-80 litres of peat-free growing medium from a 30cm L x 30cm W x 13cm H coir bale sounds like something only Derren Brown or Paul Daniels could manage - but this seemingly impossible horticultural magic trick is something you can perform in your own kitchen garden, vegetable patch or allotment, thanks to the Eco-Coir Bricks and Bale!
Just by adding water and stirring, you can convert these organic, peat-free, compact bricks of all-natural coconut fibre (coir) into a growing medium for soil conditioning, hanging baskets and container growing or as additional brown matter for home composts - even as a bedding material for worm composters.
They can also be used to lighten clay soils, improve water capacity in sandy soils or can play a major part in creating an ideal potting compost by mixing with other components, such as sand, garden compost, loam and manure. The Eco-Coir Bales measures 30cm L x 30cm W x 13cm H and will provide you with between 70 and 80 litres of peat-free multi-purpose compost - the size of a large garden centre-bought bag!
- Eco-Coir Bale measures 30cm L x 30cm W x 13cm H
- Weighs 5kg
- Makes between 70-80 litres of multi-purpose compost
- Suitable as a base material for potting mixes
- Saves time, space and effort
- Ideal where home composting is limited or impossible
- No more buying expensive bags of garden centre compost
- Environmentally friendly - no waste packaging or bags to dispose of
- Impoves water retention in sandy soils
- Ideal soil structure improver
Wonderful idea. Prepared them in a rubber trug. Add water and a couple of hours later - hey presto perfect compost. Mrs Anne Head
This item is amazing when you want to add some texture and retaining qualities to really poor soil. The garden is already looking better after 2 weeks
What The Press Say
Sowing Without Peat