Chicory Rossa di Terviso (10 plants) Organic
This product is exempt from any promotions, discounts and express delivery | Despatch from Late April
Chicory is similar to lettuce but with more of a distinct flavour, it is can be slightly bitter in taste but the blanching of the leaves lessens this
Plants are delivered from late April to July
Minimum Quantity on Veg Plant Orders is Three Packs (any varieties)
Delivery from late April onwards
Chicory is similar to lettuce but with more of a distinct flavour, it is can be slightly bitter in taste but the blanching of the leaves lessens this. It will form tight red heads during the summer and can be used in salads or cooked meals.
Keep chicory plants well weeded and harvest leaves to use in salads when plant reaches about 20cm in height. To blanch leaves (make them whiter) tie a piece of string around the leaves and draw them together to prevent light from reaching inner leaves. Do this about 10 days before harvesting the leaves, much longer and the plants will begin to suffer.
- Chicory is an interesting plant to try in your kitchen garden
- 10 healthy growing organic young chicory plants
- Variety: Rossa di Treviso
- These chicory plants will arrive bare-rooted with an approximate height of 8-15cm
- Order now for delivery from late April to July.