Use capillary matting in the greenhouse to water plants economically, as this versatile material absorbs and holds water which can be drawn up by soil in pot plants positioned on the matting.
Use capillary matting in the greenhouse (our greenhouse staging is ideal) to water plants economically and (almost) automatically, as this versatile material absorbs and holds water which can be drawn up by soil in pot plants positioned on the matting.
This process is known as capillary watering and keeping the capillary matting moist will allow your plants to fend for themselves in the height of summer. We've two widths of capillary matting available which are supplied by the metre; the 61cm (24") version fits sungly on our corresponding size of greenhouse staging and the 50cm (20") wide version is popular for smaller greenhouse watering set-ups.
To Order:- Simply choose the width of capillary matting required and then in the quantity box put the number of metres you need. The total price will then be calculated and you can then add to basket.
The capillary matting is easy to cut with scissors or a knife, is sold in metre lengths and can be used with the dark or light side uppermost. The white surface will reflect light and heat in the summer months to help ripen fruit and the darker surface - which varies between dark green, grey and black - attracts and retains heat during cooler periods. For complete peace of holiday watering mind, try our Self Watering Trays Kits which come complete with capillary matting; and with the largest boasting a 30 litre reservoir, your plants won't go thirsty!
- Capillary matting available in both 61cm (24) and 50cm (20) widths
- Prices shown per metre length
- Choose width, put length required in metres in quantity box
- Ideal for greenhouse watering
- Simply soak matting and stand pots on surface
- White and dark surfaces
- Lighter colour helps reflect heat and light and aids fruit ripening
- Darker surface ideal for spring and autumn as it attracts and retains heat
- Capillary matting easily cut with scissors or knife
- Our greenhouse staging provides an ideal surface for matting and is available in 61cm (24) width amongst other size options
- Can be usd to line propagators
- Used in our Self Watering Trays Kits
- Darker colour may vary in shade but performance is unaffected
Delivery of bubble wrap was prompt. Cost was competitive . Easy to use & does what it says on the tin!! Haven't used the capillary matting yet.