CAMELLIA Japonica Debutante, is a medium slow growing beautiful compact shrub typically grown to around 4-6 feet in height producing medium sized pink flowers 8-10cm (3-4in) across.
Hardy - cold winter - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters. May not withstand open/exposed sites or central/northern locations. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -15°C (5°F).
Probably the best known of all the camellias, Camellia Debutante is an evergreen shrub with ovate, toothed, bright green leaves to 11cm (4½in) long and is a great flowering shrub for a screen or hedge.
- CAMELLIA Debutante, Japanese Camellia (Camellia japonica)
- Height - 2-2.5m (6-8ft) Spread - 2m (6ft)
- Mass mixed irregular densely packed pink paeony shape petals
- Flowers February to April
- Plant in fertile moist well-drained acid soil
- Prefers a shaded spot with protection from cold winds
- Supplied singularly or in packs of 3 and 5
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery