Blackboard Plant Label Clips
These stylish wooden Blackboard Plant Label Clips can be instantly attached to any bamboo cane or stick. each pack includes 5 labels (3 x small & 2 x large) blackboard clips, a piece of chalk and an oil-based marking pencil for waterproof marking More information
These stylish wooden Blackboard Plant Label Clips can be instantly attached to any bamboo cane or stick to bring an clearly legible plant label up to a comfortable reading height and avoid your plant labelling system being obscured by rain splashes, soil and even plant growth.
Each pack of labels includes 5 (3 x small and 2 x large) blackboard clips, a piece of chalk for temporary labelling and an oil-based marking pencil for accurate, waterproof identification of vegetables, perennial plants and shrubs. Each blackboard label has a spring loaded wooden peg mounted to the rear for simple fixing to your choice of support; small Blackboard Plant Label Clips measure 6.7cm wide x 4.5cm deep (2½" x 1½") whilst the larger versions are 11cm (4½") wide x 9cm (3½") deep.
- Blackboard Plant Label Clips supplied in packs of 5
- Each pack contains 3 small and 2 large labels
- Small labels measure 6.7cm wide x 4.5cm deep (2½" x 1½")
- Large Blackboard Plant Label Clips are 11cm (4½") wide x 9cm (3½") deep
- Labels supplied complete with chalk for temporary or indoor marking
- Oil-based marking stick also included for permanent labelling
- White spirit will remove marking stick from labels
- Use over and over again
- Each label has a spring loaded wooden peg attached to back
- Wooden labels simply clip to cane, stick or support
- Labels can be raised well above soil
- Allows easy reading of plant labels and varieties
- Prevents labels being splashed by soil and rain and obscured
- Ideal gift
- Perfect for borders and vegetable gardens
We first saw this product in the window of a porcelain shop in France used on a buffet table. My friend was very taken by them but shop was shut. I bought them for my friend for Christmas and she is thrilled with them. Sorry if you are disappointed we are not using them in horticulture!
I purchased 4 sets of these for Christmas presents and everyone thought they were wonderful. The only downside is that all the chalks were broken so if using as temporary markers new chalk will have to be bought.
These are really just wooden hinged clothes pegs with mini-blackboards attached. They look almost like the kind of thing you could make yourself, but at this price you have to question if it would be worth it. The two choices of chalk or waterproof pencil is helpful, and I can see a real use for when you are planning the placement of things in your allotment, if you are not the sort to draw it out first.
What The Press Say
Pick of the Crop
Keeping track of your crops is easy with these must-try garden labels. Are your plant labels usually hidden by a jungle of veg? Read these at a glance by attaching them to a taller cane or stick. The kit includes three small and two large clips, plus chalk for temporary notes. An oil-based marker for weatherproof jottings completes the set.