Agapanthus Navy Blue
THIS PRODUCT IS EXEMPT FROM ANY PROMOTIONS, DISCOUNTS AND EXPRESS DELIVERY
Agapanthus Navy Blue is commonly known as African blue lily, Lily-of-the-Nile or Love flower and is a clump-forming perennial that produces trumpet-shaped very dark blue flowers.
Minimum Order Value of £50 if your order ONLY contains Herbaceous Plants
Agapanthus Navy Blue is commonly known as African blue lily, Lily-of-the-Nile or Love flower and is a clump-forming perennial. It produces trumpet-shaped very dark blue flowers 2.5-5cm (1-2in) long in rounded umbels 15-30cm (6-12in) across with strap-shaped leaves to 30cm (12in) or more long.
Hardy throughout most of the UK apart from inland valleys, at altitude and central/northerly locations. May suffer foliage damage and stem dieback in very harsh winters in cold gardens. Plant can withstand temperatures down to -10°C (14°F) - mulch for winter in cold areas and bring pots into shelter.
Early in the year, typically January till end of March, herbaceous plants may be supplied in 9cm pots to ensure timely despatch.
- Agapanthus Navy Blue (African Blue Lily, Lily-of-the-Nile)
- Semi-evergreen - keeps some of its foliage all year and will drop some leaves as well
- Strap-shaped mid green leaves to 30cm (12in) or more
- Produces trumpet-shaped very dark blue flowers 2.5-5cm (1-2in)
- Excellent plants for large containers
- Height - 60-90cm (24-36in)
- Spread - 45cm (18in)
- Plant in Full Sun
- Prefers fertile, moist well-drained soil
- Loam based compost (JI No. 3) for containers
- Flowers August to September
- Supplied in packs of 1, 3 and 10
- Allow 7 - 14 days for delivery