Super Alliplugs, Allispacers & Corner Adaptors
Super Alliplugs, Allispacers and Corner Adaptors are a clever range of greenhouse accessories which provide a quick and effective method for fixing bubble insulation, polythene or shading to the interiors of aluminium greenhouses...More information
Super Alliplugs are cleverly designed to simply fit into the channels in the aluminium framework of the greenhouse and lock into place, perfect for securing bubblewrap, polythene and shade netting in place inside the greenhouse. Supplied in packs of 50.
Allispacers used with the Alliplugs the spacers help create an airgap between the glass and bubblewrap to create a double glazing effect. Supplied in packs of 50. Measures 4.5mm thick.
Corner Adaptors these are used with the Alliplugs to make fixing the bubblewrap around the corners of the greenhouse easier. Supplied in packs of 10.
Installation Advice - for Alliplugs only;
- Place the bubblewrap, polythene or shade netting against the aluminium greenhouse framework.
- Hold the green collar that comes with the Alliplug over the channel in the aluminium framework.
- Push the Alliplug through the green collar and material so that the lug fits into the channel in the aluminium framework.
- Twist the Alliplug to secure the material in place.
- The collar prevents the material from ripping during the twisting operation.
Installing Allispacers with Alliplugs;
- Secure the Allispacers in the aluminium framework to begin with.
- Place the material over the end of the spacer creating an airgap with the glass.
- Hold the green collar over the end of the spacer.
- Push the Alliplug through the collar and twist to secure in place.
Installing Corner Adaptors with Alliplugs;
- Clip the adaptor on a corner bar so that it stands proud of the framework.
- As with the Allispacer above place the bubblewrap over the end of the adaptor.
- Hold the green collar over the end of the adaptor.
- Push the Alliplug through the collar and secure in place.
- For even better Greenhouse Insulation use the Alliplugs with the Allispacers - these give a 25mm airgap between the material and the glass creating a layer of air between the glass and material for a double glazing type effect.
- Use Corner adaptors for easier installation around the corners of the greenhouse.
The Alliplugs and Allispacers are ok and there is definitely an advantage in using the spacers to separate the bubble-wrap from the glass. they are not the easiest to use and sometimes break if you apply too much pressure. the corner spacers are pretty useless as, on my greenhouse at least, they continually detach themselves from the greenhouse frame and so become redundant.
I found Allispacers & Alliplugs easy to use although in some situations where I was joining two layers of bubble wrap I had to cut through the bubble wrap to make the Alliplug turn, perhaps a slightly longer reach type of Alliplug would have helped. My problem was the corner adaptors and I had almost finished when I discovered how to use them. A little how to guide would help newbies like me. Otherwise a great product.