Super Alliplugs are cleverly designed to simply fit into the channels in the aluminium framework of the greenhouse and lock into place, perfect for securing bubblewrap, polythene and shade netting in place inside the greenhouse. Allow 3 Alliplugs per glazing bar. Supplied in packs of 50.
Allispacers used with the Alliplugs the spacers help create an airgap between the glass and bubblewrap to create a double glazing effect. Supplied in packs of 50. Measures 4.5mm thick.
Corner Adaptors these are used with the Alliplugs to make fixing the bubblewrap around the corners of the greenhouse easier. Supplied in packs of 10.
Installation Advice - for Alliplugs only;
- Place the bubblewrap, polythene or shade netting against the aluminium greenhouse framework.
- Hold the green collar that comes with the Alliplug over the channel in the aluminium framework.
- Push the Alliplug through the green collar and material so that the lug fits into the channel in the aluminium framework.
- Twist the Alliplug to secure the material in place.
- The collar prevents the material from ripping during the twisting operation.
- Allow 3 alliplugs per glazing bar
Installing Allispacers with Alliplugs;
- Secure the Allispacers in the aluminium framework to begin with.
- Place the material over the end of the spacer creating an airgap with the glass.
- Hold the green collar over the end of the spacer.
- Push the Alliplug through the collar and twist to secure in place.
Installing Corner Adaptors with Alliplugs;
- Clip the adaptor on a corner bar so that it stands proud of the framework.
- As with the Allispacer above place the bubblewrap over the end of the adaptor.
- Hold the green collar over the end of the adaptor.
- Push the Alliplug through the collar and secure in place.
- For even better Greenhouse Insulation use the Alliplugs with the Allispacers - these give a 25mm airgap between the material and the glass creating a layer of air between the glass and material for a double glazing type effect.
- Use Corner adaptors for easier installation around the corners of the greenhouse.
- Allow 3 Alliplugs per glazing bar
I wrote a stinker of a review for the spacers but to show I'm not a just a complainer I'll just say these did the job nicely, very good. Bit expensive though at 20p each but we all need a wage so fair enough, I've only got an 8x10 and you soon get through 50 so in typical style I need about 10 more, but have to buy them in 50s. They're ok though.
I used them since I got my greenhouse five years ago. Changed the bubblewrap this year and got another packet (one packet left me short for a 4x4 greenhouse) Spacers are really easy put in the frame and twist, then put the insulation up (double sided horticultural bubble wrap) then put the alliplug and twist. This is the difficult bit, I twisted a few and it didn't move, just the top bit and had very sore thumbs afterwards. The finished product is wonderful, sturdy. Kept the temperature just above 0 last year.