Pond Netting - This high density polyethylene Heavy-Duty 45mm Mesh Pond Protection Netting is ideal for keeping larger leaves out of ponds and water features, and will also offer protection from heron and other birds which prey on fish. The 45mm square mesh net - manufactured from high density polyethylene - will allow small amphibians to pass through. The pond netting is only available in discounted packs.
- High quality knotted black net with 45mm mesh size
- Made from incredibly strong high density polyethylene
- The knots in the netting are heat sealed for even greater strength
- Available in Extra Value Saver Packs only
- A long lasting superior weighted netting, weighing 40g per square metre
- UV stabilised to prevent sunlight degredation
- 45mm mesh size ideal as pond netting - keeping larger leaves out of ponds and deterring predators
- Can also be used to keep birds off vegetable crops or to support climbing plants
Samples of all Harrod Horticultural netting are available on request - please e-mail our Customer Services Team or telephone 0333 400 6400 (local rate) with the samples you would like.
An excellent product, exactly as described and delivered more quickly than predicted by Harrod Horticultural. All round, very pleased with the pond net and the service!
The net was easy to fit, I had also bought ground pegs to hold it, whilst it's not invisible, it's unobtrusive and it provides good protection from the Heron that decimated the pond before.
Square Mesh Knotted Netting
When you receive your netting it will look like a diamond shape with two long tails at each end. If it is pulled out the wrong way this will result in the netting being the wrong shape and size.
How do I open my netting out to the correct size?
1. Find one of the tails of the netting (this is the pointed end with a string, marked in red above)
2. Measure along any side from that point until you reach another piece of string (marked blue above). This will match one length of the size of the netting you have ordered.
3. Keep hold of that point and start measuring again from this piece of string until you reach the other tail (the other red piece as above). This will match the other length of the size of netting you have ordered.
4. If you then stretch out the opposite blue corners and peg all four of them down this will form the correct shape and size of netting you have ordered.