Build your own Pond Cover
For those with an irregular shape pond, our combination of 25mm/1” square x 1.5mm thick galvanised steel linking bars and tough nylon connectors will enable you to create your own tailored lightweight pond covers...More information
For those with an irregular shape pond, our combination of 25mm/1” square x 1.5mm thick galvanised steel linking bars and tough nylon connectors will enable you to create your own tailored lightweight pond coversYou even have the option to configure a flat or raised frame!
Easy as 1, 2, 3...
• Measure your pond circumference to work out which linking bars you need to fit your pond's shape. Bamboo canes cut to lengths are really useful to help measure and decide on the best way to encircle your pond. Note that connectors will add 2cm to the end of each bar.
For a flat pond cover
• Order the same number of flat connectors as horizontal linking bars.
For a raised pondcover
• Order double the number of horizontal linking bars as you would for a flat cover to form the upper and lower linking rails.
• Decide on the height required (20cm or 45cm), order the same number of uprights as pairs of linking bars. (Please note that these must be all the same length.)
• Then select the same number of raised connector pair packs as uprights.
1. STEEL LINKING BARS
Horizontal Linking Bars (per bar):
0.50m L GDN-753 £3.45
1.00m L GDN-754 £6.45
1.50m L GDN-757 £7.95
2.00m L GDN-758 £9.45
Steel Upright Bars (per bar) for a Raised Cover:
15cm L (results in 20cm H cover) GDN-751 £2.45
40cm L (results in 45cm H cover) GDN-752 £3.45
2. DURABLE CONNECTORS
Operate in an angle range of 45° - 195° degrees.
Flat Cover Connector
(Single) - GDN-759 £5.45
Raised Cover Connectors
(per pair) - GDN-829 £12.95
*NB. Each connector will add 25.4mm to the length of the bar when inserted in the bar.
3. ATTACH YOUR NETTING
The final stage is choosing your netting and fixing option. We recommend our extra heavy-duty 19mm knotted mesh protection netting
For FLAT covers simply measure a square or a rectangle that will cover the entire pond surface, round up to the nearest whole metre.
For RAISED covers do the same but add at least double the height chosen (in each width & length direction) for your cover to accommodate the vertical section.
Netting can either be attached with releasable net ties or for the neatest and strongest solution we recommend securing the netting with whipping twine.
For FLAT covers you will need to order 5m of twine per metre of circumference and double the amount for RAISED covers.
We also recommend ordering a whipping needle as this will make stitching the cover in place far easier.
- Releasable Net Ties (pack of 10) GDN-901 £0.95 – 4 per metre required for FLAT covers and double this amount for RAISED covers.
- Whipping Twine (per 5m length) TWN-001 25p
- Whipping Needle TWN-295 £1.95
For additional planning assistance please call 0333 400 6400 (local rate).