Niwaki Tripod Ladder
Gardeners in Japan can spend many, many hours on top of a ladder carrying out the meticulous and delicate pruning which shapes their garden trees, also known as niwaki, and a safe, comfortable platform to work from is an absolute must - enter the Niwaki Tripod Ladder.
Available in four sizes, the winning combination of a wide base, deep steps and a fully adjustable telescopic back leg allows you to tackle aerial garden tasks such as hedge trimming and topiary with full confidence.
The single leg of the tripod ladder can also get right into the base of orchard trees for safe fruit harvesting and pruning and slopes and uneven surfaces both pose no problems for this versatile, and essential addition to your home and garden.
The Niwaki tripod ladder is quite possibly the best - and last - ladder you'll ever buy.
- Niwaki Tripod Ladder available in four sizes 1.8m, 2.4m, 3m and 3.6m
- Extruded aluminium construction is both lightweight and incredibly strong
- Fully weatherproof
- Added comfort from wide base, deep steps and double rungs
- 1.8m - 5 steps, 2.4m - 7 steps, 3m - 9 steps, 3.6m - 11 steps
- 30cm height between steps
- Ideal platform for hedge trimming, pruning and lopping
- Makes harvesting fruit easy
- Wide flip-top platform on top for tools, fruit baskets etc
- Fully adjustable back leg compensates for changes in ground level
- Non-slip steps
- Claw feet
- Leg has footplate for added stability
- Wider at base and top than A-Frame ladders
- Single leg takes up far less room in borders and beds than conventional ladders and results in less disturbance to soil and plants
- Advised Maximum Load bearing is 100Kgs
The table below advises the best ladder size for the hedge height based on the SSH.
Excellent stability and use on uneven ground. The 10ft ladder is a bit unwieldy to carry around single handed.
If you want strong and stable don't call a General Election, just buy one of these ladders!
What The Press Say
Kitchen GardenAugust 2018
These fantastic, Tripod Ladders from Niwaki are perfect for fruit tree care, pruning hedges, topiary and all other garden and DIY jobs where you need to work safely at height. The three legs and wide base provide incredible stability, even on slopes and steps, and their lightweight aluminium construction makes them easy to manoeuvre.
Gardens IllustratedNovember 2016
Gifts for Gardeners
Stylish, practival and decorative Christmas gift ideas to tempt even the most seasoned of gardeners - Niwaki Tripod ladder from Harrod Horticultural