These Niwaki ladders have the winning combination of a wide base, deep steps and a fully adjustable telescopic back leg allows you to tackle aerial garden tasks such as hedge trimming and topiary with full confidence.
The single leg of the tripod ladder can also get right into the base of orchard trees for safe fruit harvesting and pruning and slopes and uneven surfaces both pose no problems for this versatile, and essential addition to your home and garden.
Also available a Set of 3 rubber feet for use on hard ground, quick and easy to fit, for temporary use when working on pavements, concrete and terraces, but shouldn’t be used on soil or grass, as they will reduce stability.
The Niwaki tripod ladder is quite possibly the best - and last - ladder you'll ever buy.
- Niwaki Tripod Ladder is available in 4 sizes - 1.8m, 2.4m, 3.0m & 3.6m
- Extruded aluminium construction is both lightweight and incredibly strong
- Fully weatherproof
- Added comfort from wide base, deep steps and double rungs
- 1.8m has 6 steps / 2.4m has 8 steps / 3.0m has 10 steps / 3.6m has 12 steps
- 30cm height between steps
- Ideal platform for hedge trimming, pruning and lopping
- Makes harvesting fruit easy
- Wide flip-top platform on top for tools, fruit baskets etc...
- Fully adjustable back leg compensates for changes in ground level
- Non-slip steps
- Claw feet
- Leg has footplate for added stability
- Wider at base and top than A-Frame ladders
- Single leg takes up far less room in borders and beds than conventional ladders and results in less disturbance to soil and plants
- Set of 3 Rubber feet are also available for use on pavements and concrete surfaces only (not to be used on soil or grass)
- Advised Maximum Load bearing is 100Kgs
The table below advises the best ladder size for the hedge height based on the SSH.
Very good product, easy to carry and with excellent safety and stability. Delivery and service very poor, however: after the order was placed, weeks passed with no sign of it. Initial queries weren't answered speedily and it belatedly transpired that the order had been 'lost' by the couriers so a replacement was dispatched. Then a courier turned up, claiming to have the original order and that he had attempted delivery weeks earlier but had been unable to find the address or ring us. This didn't tie in with Harrod Horticultural's insistence that a replacement HAD been sent out. Still no nearer knowing the truth but at least we have the ladder - at last.
I haven't used this properly yet, but tried it out after delivery [took a while to remove all the wrapping!] and felt safer than I ever have on a ladder.
What The Press Say
Kitchen GardenAugust 2018
These fantastic, Tripod Ladders from Niwaki are perfect for fruit tree care, pruning hedges, topiary and all other garden and DIY jobs where you need to work safely at height. The three legs and wide base provide incredible stability, even on slopes and steps, and their lightweight aluminium construction makes them easy to manoeuvre.
Gardens IllustratedNovember 2016
Gifts for Gardeners
Stylish, practival and decorative Christmas gift ideas to tempt even the most seasoned of gardeners - Niwaki Tripod ladder from Harrod Horticultural