Niwaki Tripod Ladder
Gardeners in Japan can spend many, many hours on top of a ladder carrying out the meticulous and delicate pruning which shapes their garden trees, also known as niwaki, and a safe, comfortable platform to work from is an absolute must - enter the Niwaki Tripod Ladder
Available in four sizes, the winning combination of a wide base, deep steps and a fully adjustable telescopic back leg allows you to tackle aerial garden tasks such as hedge trimming and topiary with full confidence.
The single leg of the tripod ladder can also get right into the base of orchard trees for safe fruit harvesting and pruning and slopes and uneven surfaces both pose no problems for this versatile, and essential addition to your home and garden.
The Niwaki tripod ladder is quite possibly the best - and last - ladder you'll ever buy.
- Niwaki Tripod Ladder available in four sizes 1.8m, 2.4m, 3m and 3.6m
- Extruded aluminium construction is both lightweight and incredibly strong
- Fully weatherproof
- Added comfort from wide base, deep steps and double rungs
- 1.8m - 5 steps, 2.4m - 7 steps, 3m - 9 steps, 3.6m - 11 steps
- Ideal platform for hedge trimming, pruning and lopping
- Makes harvesting fruit easy
- Wide flip-top platform on top for tools, fruit baskets etc
- Fully adjustable back leg compensates for changes in ground level
- Non-slip steps
- Claw feet
- Leg has footplate for added stability
- Wider at base and top than A-Frame ladders
- Single leg takes up far less room in borders and beds than conventional ladders and results in less disturbance to soil and plants
The table below advises the best ladder size for the hedge height based on the SSH.
I've been using conventional professional grade steps for years, the Niwaki tripod steps are lighter, get me closer to the work and more stable so working on them feels safer.
Love it. Light and comfortable to work off, almost like being stood on the ground it is so stable. Only one gripe that it came with a great big dint in it, probably caused by the couriers.
What The Press Say
Gifts for Gardeners
Stylish, practival and decorative Christmas gift ideas to tempt even the most seasoned of gardeners - Niwaki Tripod ladder from Harrod Horticultural
Three legs are better than two
Niwaki ladders are just what you need when trimming large topiary and hedges. Depending on the slope, you can either work face-on, with the third leg poked into the hedge, or sideways, with the ladder parallel to the hedge. Their adaptability (three legs), stability (wide base) and comfort (double rungs) allow you to spend all the time necessary to do jobs properly without rushing. These ladders are ideal for orchard work, both for picking and pruning, where thanks to the single back leg, you can get right into the crown of the tree. Unlike traditional orchard designs (pointed A-Frame) you can lean over the top or rest picking baskets on top. They're also considerably wider at the base than A-Frames, have the telescopic wider at the base than A-Frames, have the telescopic back leg (vital on slopes) and are welded, not riveted, so are much much stronger - exceptionally light.