Niwaki Tripod Ladder
Note: 8ft, 10ft and 12ft Niwaki Ladders Out of Stock till Middle of October
Gardeners in Japan can spend many, many hours on top of a ladder carrying out the meticulous and delicate pruning which shapes their garden trees, also known as niwaki, and a safe, comfortable platform to work from is an absolute must - enter the Niwaki Tripod Ladder...More information
Available in four sizes, the winning combination of a wide base, deep steps and a fully adjustable telescopic back leg allows you to tackle aerial garden tasks such as hedge trimming and topiary with full confidence.
The single leg of the tripod ladder can also get right into the base of orchard trees for safe fruit harvesting and pruning and slopes and uneven surfaces both pose no problems for this versatile, and essential addition to your home and garden.
The Niwaki tripod ladder is quite possibly the best - and last - ladder you'll ever buy.
- Niwaki Tripod Ladder available in four sizes 1.8m, 2.4m, 3m and 3.6m
- Extruded aluminium construction is both lightweight and incredibly strong
- Fully weatherproof
- Added comfort from wide base, deep steps and double rungs
- 1.8m - 5 steps, 2.4m - 7 steps, 3m - 9 steps, 3.6m - 11 steps
- Ideal platform for hedge trimming, pruning and lopping
- Makes harvesting fruit easy
- Wide flip-top platform on top for tools, fruit baskets etc
- Fully adjustable back leg compensates for changes in ground level
- Non-slip steps
- Claw feet
- Leg has footplate for added stability
- Wider at base and top than A-Frame ladders
- Single leg takes up far less room in borders and beds than conventional ladders and results in less disturbance to soil and plants
The table below advises the best ladder size for the hedge height based on the SSH.
What The Press Say
Three legs are better than two
Niwaki ladders are just what you need when trimming large topiary and hedges. Depending on the slope, you can either work face-on, with the third leg poked into the hedge, or sideways, with the ladder parallel to the hedge. Their adaptability (three legs), stability (wide base) and comfort (double rungs) allow you to spend all the time necessary to do jobs properly without rushing. These ladders are ideal for orchard work, both for picking and pruning, where thanks to the single back leg, you can get right into the crown of the tree. Unlike traditional orchard designs (pointed A-Frame) you can lean over the top or rest picking baskets on top. They're also considerably wider at the base than A-Frames, have the telescopic wider at the base than A-Frames, have the telescopic back leg (vital on slopes) and are welded, not riveted, so are much much stronger - exceptionally light.
Star Score: 13/15 - Voted This Week's Best Buy, Shop Around with Julia Heaton
Just occasionally a revolutionary piece of gardening equipment comes along which oozes class. The Niwaki tripod ladder is in this bracket. Being made from aluminium, and with its compact foldability, carrying it around the garden proved a doddle.