PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 4 WEEKS DELIVERY FOR NATURAL ALUMINIUM FINISH AND 6 WEEKS FOR PAINTED ANTIQUE CREAM FINISH
Make the most of walls and patios in the garden and the heat they store with this stunning Lean-To Cold Frame; an aluminium framed, toughened glass glazed structure which will give essential winter, spring and autumn protection to plants.
Space limitations are no longer a factor with the half height (0.82m), 1.2m long by 63cm deep frame with the two shelves (one narrow, one deep) supplied as standard and the 25 year framework guarantee tells you all you need to know about the build quality. 3mm thick toughened glass sliding front and roof panels give plenty of ventilation options and can be easily removed for cleaning, the framework is also available in very popular Antique Cream and with assembly simple (one screwdriver required and full instructions provided), this is one lean-to cold frame to cherish.
- Lean-To Cold Frame measures 1.21m L x 63cm W x 82cm H
- Aluminium framework
- 3mm toughened safety glass
- Available in Natural Aluminium or Antique Cream finishes - please allow 4 weeks for aluminium finish and 6 weeks for painted antique cream finish
- Sliding side and roof panels
- 2 shelves - Wide measures 33cm Deep, narrow measures 19cm deep
- Numerous ventilation options
- Easy access to plants
- 25 year framework guarantee
- Position against wall or fence
- Stunning build quality and finish
- Glass easily removed for cleaning or extra ventilation
- Supplied flat-packed
- Requires assembly and fixing to wall
- Comes complete with full instructions
- Specially tailored 1.2m W x 0.8m L shade netting available
As the cold frames are bulky items, there could possibly be an extra delivery charge to addresses not on the UK mainland and in the north of Scotland. Please contact our Customer Services Department or telephone us on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quote if in doubt.
Top Cold Frame Tips "A cold frame is a real asset to any garden. Not only can you use it to harden off or acclimatise greenhouse-raised plants prior to planting out; it also forms an excellent 'hot house' early on in the summer for peppers, tomatoes and squashes and it's perfect for overwintering tender plants, cuttings and autumn sown annuals - a real all year rounder!
You can also position the cold frame directly on the soil to act as a cloche for direct sown seeds - and of course to warm the soil prior to planting; placing on the patio will allow you to start herbs off early by the back door and when situated on gravel or shingle, it will also trap the stored heat.
And who wouldn't take the opportunity to fix the cold frame to a raised bed? Early sowings will be protected and with a bit of imagination, you can grow almost all year round!"
What The Press Say
The Lady WebsiteOctober 2012
3 of the best Cold Frames
Picked as one of the 3 best cold frames... 'A lean-to frame makes the most of heat stored in walls. Aluminium and toughened glass.'
Which! GardeningMarch 2012
Voted Best Buy for under a window with 76% test score