This product is exempt from any promotions and discounts - Hotbin’s have 10-14 day delivery time.
The HotBin Composter cooks compostable garden and kitchen material at temperatures of up to 60°, resulting in faster composting times and comes with a 3 year manufacturing guarantee on the Hotbin unit...More information
The 200 litre capacity Hot Bin - like most things that work - is a simple design to help maximise what nature does by bringing together the right conditions to make hot composting easier. It is the bacteria decomposing the waste that generates the heat and the HotBin aims to keep them happy so you can enjoy fast successful composting.
The 55cm wide by 63cm deep and 115cm high HotBin composter does this by providing effective aeration between the bottom air inlet plate and the air outlet rotating valve, removing excess water through the valve as steam and allowing you to control the rate of heat loss.The HotBin can achieve hot composting between 40-60 °C, which means it can produce a rich compost faster. These hotter temperatures produced by the HotBin means you can recycle more types of household waste, even food waste.
The HotBin works all year round including the winter months, it arrives assembled and is ready to use and comes with a whole entourage of extras which will help revolutionise your home composting set up!
Please note: Deliveries outside UK Mainland will incur an additional delivery charge - see below for details.
Please allow up to 10-14 days for delivery - Hotbin Gift Certificates Available on Request
- 25 litre bag of bulking agent (composted wood chip) to use if recycling food waste included
- Long-stem thermometer for tracking temperature during setup of the HotBin included
- Raking stick included
- Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle') included
- HotBin has 200 litre capacity
- Bin measures 55cm Wide x 63cm Deep x 115cm High
- Fully insulated walls
- Uses latest composting technology
- Hinged lid
- Helps promote temperatures of 60°C in top layer
- Internal thermometer for tracking exact temperature in top layer of waste
- Air inlet and outlet for effective aeration
- Capable of producing mulching compost in 30 days and mature material in 90 days
- Manufacturers advise cooked meat/bones/fish can be added
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and unwanted visitors
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- Biofilter unit to stop any unfriendly smells
- Insulated walls to keep it hot to help rapid composting
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost
- Comes with extensive how to use guide
- 3 year manufacturing guarantee on the Hotbin unity
- 1 year guarantee on sundries (raking stick, cam straps, additional thermometer)
As the HotBin Composter is a bulky item, there will be an extra delivery charge to addresses outside of UK Mainland - extra delivery charges will be made when delivering to Scottish Highlands, Offshore Scottish Islands, Orkney & Shetland Islands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and Channel Islands. Please e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone us on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quote.
The HotBin Composter comes with a whole host of accessories to help your hot composting take off;
•40 litre bag of bulking agent (composted wood chip) to use if recycling food waste included in the price
•Long-stem thermometer for tracking temperature during setup of the HotBin included in the price
•Raking stick included in the price
•Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle') included in the price
The HotBin comes in one size. To keep it hot composting, you need to feed it a minimum amount of waste regularly. It is important you match the HotBin to the amount of waste you generate. The unit is designed for a 3-5 person family with a small-medium garden. If you are a 1-2 person household or a large household with a large garden; you may wish to review our size chart on our support FAQ before purchasing.
In the unlikely event you experience any problems with your HotBin composter, you can contact the HotBin Helpline on 0845 621 0095, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the HotBin website at www.hotbincomposting.com
What The Press Say
Tried & Tested - Dave Finkle
I have had a great time with my Hot Bin. What I didn't expect was my children taking so much interest in it! Its insulating properties keep the temperature above 60 degrees Celsius, which accelerates the composting process. You can put virtually anything from your kitchen and plot in it and within 2-3 months your have the magic black gold for your plot. You will get a small amount of liquor seeping out of the bottom so put it on a suitable surface.
The depths of winter aren't known as a time for creating compost. The cold slows down bacterial activity and heaps go into hibernation, awaiting warmer weather. However, with its heavily insulated construction, the Hotbin offers an alternative. Nestling its 'hot water bottle' into the composting material will warm the bacteria into action again. In summer months the Hotbin promises to make compost in 90 days by enabling the internal temperature to remain at 40 - 60 degrees C. This and its design which makes it unattractive to rats, means that meat and fish can also be composted.