This product is exempt from any promotions and discounts - Hotbin’s have 10-14 day delivery time.
The HotBin Composter cooks compostable garden and kitchen material at temperatures of up to 60°, resulting in faster composting times and comes with a 3 year manufacturing guarantee on the Hotbin unit.
The 200 litre capacity Hot Bin - like most things that work - is a simple design to help maximise what nature does by bringing together the right conditions to make hot composting easier. It is the bacteria decomposing the waste that generates the heat and the HotBin aims to keep them happy so you can enjoy fast successful composting.
The 55cm wide by 63cm deep and 115cm high HotBin composter does this by providing effective aeration between the bottom air inlet plate and the air outlet rotating valve, removing excess water through the valve as steam and allowing you to control the rate of heat loss.The HotBin can achieve hot composting between 40-60 °C, which means it can produce a rich compost faster. These hotter temperatures produced by the HotBin means you can recycle more types of household waste, even food waste.
The HotBin works all year round including the winter months, it arrives assembled and is ready to use and comes with a whole entourage of extras which will help revolutionise your home composting set up!
Please note: Deliveries outside UK Mainland to Scottish Highlands, Offshore Scottish Islands, Orkney & Shetland Islands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and Channel Islands will incur an additional delivery charge - see below for details.
Please allow up to 10-14 working days for delivery - Hotbin Gift Certificates Available on Request
- The Hotbin was Winner of 'Best Compost Making Product' in the 'Great British Growing Awards 2018'
- 25 litre bag of bulking agent (composted wood chip) to use if recycling food waste included
- Long-stem thermometer for tracking temperature during setup of the HotBin included
- Raking stick included
- Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle') included
- HotBin composter has 200 litre capacity
- Bin measures 55cm Wide x 63cm Deep x 115cm High
- Fully insulated walls
- Uses latest composting technology
- Hinged lid
- Helps promote temperatures of 60°C in top layer
- Internal thermometer for tracking exact temperature in top layer of waste
- Air inlet and outlet for effective aeration
- Capable of producing mulching compost in 30 days and mature material in 90 days
- Manufacturers advise cooked meat/bones/fish can be added
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and unwanted visitors
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- Biofilter unit to stop any unfriendly smells
- Insulated walls to keep it hot to help rapid composting
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost
- Comes with extensive how to use guide
- 3 year manufacturing guarantee on the Hotbin unity
- 1 year guarantee on sundries (raking stick, cam straps, additional thermometer)
- Please Note: The Hotbin is not vermin proof.
As the HotBin Composter is a bulky item, there will be an extra delivery charge to addresses outside of UK Mainland - extra delivery charges will be made when delivering to Scottish Highlands, Offshore Scottish Islands, Orkney & Shetland Islands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and Channel Islands. Please e-mail our Customer Services Department or telephone us on 0333 400 6400 (local rate) for a quote.
first read the instructions and follow them the results will be excellent it reaches very high temperatures if you mix green and brown materials accurately some people have observed they do not have access to filler/brown materials - i shred my mail and cardboard this works really well to recycle old sensitive documents and internet parcel cardboard and junk mail coffee and tea goes in as well as all veg/plant material - it is work cutting stuff down to approx hand length if you want quickest composting or if you have garden shredder mix it up up shred and watch the temperature climb remember it is hot enough to hurt if you put your hand in once it has cooked enough or is too full I then move the almost finished product to my old conventional bin purely for storage Have had this for so long have rebuilt my old allotment style bins of wood twice so expensive yes, long term value definitely I did buy mine from hotline just as they started selling these so was very lucky to get an offer price which I still thought at time was expensive - it is worth every penny also tidy and deters vermin also cat loves it in winter sits on top for warmth watch the snow melt off top if properly feb and stirred
Bought the HotBin Composter. Incredible seeing it working and only this morning it was operating at 20 and steam coming out the vent. Great purchase, thanks Harrod.
Tried the bin first just before snow so not a good idea. Got it going later with help of hot bottle and now that I've been loading it with grass clippings and veg etc it has taken off like a rocket and reached 55C. Looking forward to my compost.
The HotBin Composter comes with a whole host of accessories to help your hot composting take off;
• 40 litre bag of bulking agent (composted wood chip) to use if recycling food waste included in the price
• Long-stem thermometer for tracking temperature during setup of the HotBin included in the price
• Raking stick included in the price
• Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle') included in the price
The HotBin comes in one size. To keep it hot composting, you need to feed it a minimum amount of waste regularly. It is important you match the HotBin to the amount of waste you generate. The unit is designed for a 3-5 person family with a small-medium garden.
In the unlikely event you experience any problems with your HotBin composter, you can contact the HotBin Helpline on 0845 621 0095, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the HotBin website at www.hotbincomposting.com
What The Press Say
The HOTBIN compost bin recycles all cooked food and garden wast in just 30-90 days by reaching temperatures of 40-60 degrees C. Watch the temperature rise using the thermometer in the lik as this product insulates the heat generated naturally by bacteria. No tumbling or turning is required. HOTBIN is the winner of 'Best Compost Making Product' in the Great British Growing Awards 2018
Compost Made Easy - Hotbin Review by Dave Finkle
One of the main benefits of this product is the fact you can pretty much add what you like to the pile. Fruit peelings, Tea bags, veg peelings, eggshells. and more. You feel as if you're breaking the rules, and it goes against everything you've been taught. I am very impressed with the performance of the Hotbin even when there's been a frost. And you will get high quality, nutritionally-rich compost while also making an ecological contribution. My only criticism is that it's only available in black. It looks rather industrial and a dark green would be better suited to domestic gardens and allotments.