You'll be amazed at the difference when using this unique Eco-Green Aerated Polythene to ripen melons, strawberries, chillies, peppers, and tomatoes grown outside. It can be kept over crops throughout the season because of the perforations that allow moisture and air to circulate freely around the plants and the 20mm holes allow pollinating insects to move inside unhindered.
- 1.8m x 10m
- Easy to cut to required size
- Allows 87% light penetration under average UK daytime sunlight conditions
- Securely stake with our steel ground pegs (not provided)
- 20mm air holes
- Pale green colour material blends into the garden background
Great product... easy to make mini greenhouses where ever you want.
I have used this product before and nothing else rates as highly as this regarding bringing on plants. I use it for lettuces and if they need watering I just water over the top...no need to lift the sheet as holes allow for water to flow in but usually the condensation which builds up is adequate. I've been away on holiday for a week when there has been no rain and my lettuces have just thrived. Easy! No hassle! Great product!
As the Eco-Green Aerated Polythene is a great new addition to the gardener's armoury, we thought we'd share a few tips, and give you a few ideas, on how to get the most from this innovative crop cover. You'll be the envy of the allotment!
It’s perfect for ripening melons, strawberries, chillies, peppers, tomatoes and other similar fruit and vegetables, when they’re grown outside, without the benefit of a greenhouse to help promote ripening.
The lightweight polythene sheet has unique perforations that perform two vital functions. The holes are just large enough - 20mm (0.8in) in diameter – to allow easy access for pollinating insects, which means that you can leave the polythene on your crops throughout the season, without the need to remove it for pollination. The perforations also allow air and moisture to circulate freely around the plants, keeping them healthy and reducing any risk of mildew or disease.
- It's light enough to rest directly on the leaves of plants or can be laid over a framework. The sheet size is a generous1.8 metre wide (approx 5ft 10in) and can be cut to size from the total length of 10 metres (approx 33ft). The edges should be secured to the ground at about 1 metre (3ft) intervals, making sure you leave enough slack for future plant growth.
- The Aerated Polythene also provides some protection for your crops, keeping off the birds and is ideal for covering areas of newly sown lawn. When laid flat on the ground it retains warmth and moisture which stimulates seed germination. Its pale green colour makes it as unobtrusive as possible in your garden.
What The Press Say
The Guardian20th April 2013
Alys fowler - Gardening Blog
Perforated films such as the Eco-Green Aerated Polythene from Harrod Horticultural offer more heat for cucumbers, peppers and early French beans