Y Stakes are ideal for dealing with odd shaped plants and creating an almost invisible plant support system, they really do represent the ultimate in flexible plant and flower supports.
The olive green solid wire retaining arms - known as antennae - can be shaped to embrace any plant shape, perfect for administering effective first aid for floppy flowers! The Y-Stakes are available in 31cm high x 30cm wide and are available in packs of 5 or 10.
- Y-Stakes feature strong 10mm aluminium tubes fitted with flexible 3mm wire retaining arms
- Powder coated olive green - a subtle colour which blends into the border
- Flexible arms can be bent to shape and feature useful 'eyes' to which additional stakes can be joined
- Link stakes to support multiple planting, even forming a circle when required
- Use to allow plants to be threaded and tethered to a wall
- Easy to move to another plant once flowering has finished
- Suitable for all plants at any stage of development
- Unobtrusive supports blend well into the flower bed
- Manufactured to a high quality standard
- Designed to give many years of practical outdoor service
- Please note the arm lengths refer to a single arm
- Available in 5 or 10 packs
- Height 31cm x 30cm wide
I have been using y stakes for years; indeed I wrote the first review ever. My only problem is that eventually the ends of the arms that come out of the stake get rusty and then break. I'm left with a number of stakes with one or no arms. This is worse with the shorter ones. I sometimes have problems getting the longer ones into the ground without bending them. But despite all of the above I recommend them
Have ordered several types of plant supports this year. They all arrived very promptly and are as good strong quality. Some Y-stakes I bought a good 15 years ago are still as good as when I first bought them, so I bought some more.
I ordered another lot of Y-stakes and they arrived very quickly. They are wonderfully useful to keep my plants upright if they tend to want to drop! My tall alstroemerias particularly. The smaller ones are great for stopping plants from leaning over and onto the lawn from the flowerbeds. Also good for vegetables to keep them in their place! I have had one set for years but decided to indulge in another new set this year!