Y-Stakes Plant Supports
Y-Stakes are a unique, high quality plant support made to the most robust specifications by us in the UK, using strong 10mm aluminium tubing fitted with 3mm solid wire retaining arms, powder coated a subtle olive green.
Made by us in the UK
Y Stakes are ideal for dealing with odd shaped plants and creating an almost invisible plant support system, they really do represent the ultimate in flexible plant and flower supports.
The olive green solid wire retaining arms - known as antennae - can be shaped to embrace any plant shape and with plenty of size options to pick from, along with our popular Special Offer Pack and tying wires, you'll soon be administering effective first aid for floppy flowers with Y-Stakes!
Available in packs of 5 or 10 and in 31cm and 61cm heights. There is also a special offer pack available which includes 10 of each height of Y stakes and inlcudes tying wires.
- Y-Stakes feature strong 10mm aluminium tubes fitted with flexible 3mm wire retaining arms
- Powder coated olive green - a subtle colour which blends into the border
- Flexible arms can be bent to shape and feature useful 'eyes' to which additional stakes can be joined
- Link stakes to support multiple planting, even forming a circle when required
- Use to allow plants to be threaded and tethered to a wall
- Easy to move to another plant once flowering has finished
- Suitable for all plants at any stage of development
- Unobtrusive supports blend well into the flower bed
- Manufactured to a high quality standard
- Designed to give many years of practical outdoor service
- Tying wires (sold in a 30 pack) also available
- Please note the arm lengths refer to a single arm
- Available in 5 or 10 packs and Special Offer Pack
- 2 heights - 31cm and 61cm
- FREE pack of 30 Y-stake tying wires (GPS-297) with every 10 pack
- Special Offer pack includes 10 of each height of Y stake
I have been using y stakes for years; indeed I wrote the first review ever. My only problem is that eventually the ends of the arms that come out of the stake get rusty and then break. I'm left with a number of stakes with one or no arms. This is worse with the shorter ones. I sometimes have problems getting the longer ones into the ground without bending them. But despite all of the above I recommend them
Have ordered several types of plant supports this year. They all arrived very promptly and are as good strong quality. Some Y-stakes I bought a good 15 years ago are still as good as when I first bought them, so I bought some more.
I ordered another lot of Y-stakes and they arrived very quickly. They are wonderfully useful to keep my plants upright if they tend to want to drop! My tall alstroemerias particularly. The smaller ones are great for stopping plants from leaning over and onto the lawn from the flowerbeds. Also good for vegetables to keep them in their place! I have had one set for years but decided to indulge in another new set this year!