Rolawn Landscaping Bark
500 Litres (when packed)
Rolawn landscaping bark is a high quality multi-purpose bark mulch that can also be used as a mulch to inhibit weed development, improve moisture retention and act as an insulation for plant roots, reducing plant loss in cold weather.
Rolawn landscaping bark is a mid-dark brown, quality multi-purpose grade bark mulch derived from forestry woodchip. It is a natural product and will enhance the appearance of your garden.
Our landscaping bark can also be used as a mulch to inhibit weed development, improve moisture retention and act as insulation for plant roots, reducing plant loss in cold weather. Using mulch and bark in your garden can reduce water evaqporation by up to 75%.
- Rolawn Landscaping Bark
- Bag Size: approx. 0.5m³
- Coverage: Up to 10m² at a depth of 50mm
- Type of bark: Mixed conifer
- Free flowing, easy to barrow & rake out
- Sustainable - the FSC® label means that materials used for the product have been responsibly sourced
- Consistent appearance
- Particle size: 8-40mm
- Free of chemical contamination
- Max white wood (trunk) content by volume 25%
- Delivery is available throughout the UK mainland.
The bark is supplied in 500 litre tote bags. All prices include delivery (please note we deliver to mainland UK only). We arrange delivery - directly from Rolawn - to your address, so when ordering, please provide an email address on which you can be contacted to arrange delivery - otherwise the despatch and delivery of your Rolawn Bark will be delayed.
As the Rolawn Bark is delivered in 500 litre bags - which are both bulky in size and heavy - it is important to ensure you have suitable vehicular access before ordering to avoid disappointment and extra or failed delivery charges. Please take a moment to read through Rolawn's detailed Delivery Requirements Checklist and view their delivery terms and conditions below - failure to do so could result in extra delivery charges. There will be a minimum charge of £30 per pallet for any failed deliveries.
- Delivery is available to UK mainland addresses only
- Deliveries will be made between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Rolawn bulk bags and pallets are 'non-returnable'
- If delivery questions are not answered correctly and delivery is attempted but fails, extra delivery or failed delivery charges will be incurred
- The delivery driver will have a pallet truck on his vehicle to unload your order. Unfortunately pallet trucks can only operate on tarmac, concrete and paved areas, which need to be level and clear of obstructions, they are not able to be operated on gravel drives.
- Orders are despatched directly from Rolawn. You will be contacted directly by Rolawn to arrange your delivery which will be made between 7am-6pm Monday/Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- AM Delivery = 8am - 1pm additional £10 postage charge
- PM Delivery = 12 noon - 6pm additional £10 postage charge
- Saturday Delivery = 8am - 1pm additional £40 postage charge
I buy a lot of materials in Tonne bags. When I ordered the bark the photos show it full up but on delivery the bag was less than half full which at £173 makes it very expensive bark. The bark is also far more ‘chunky’ than shown in the photos.
Many thanks for your product review, we have followed this up with the supplier Rolawn They have advised that some orders may arrive in bags that have a capacity of approx. 1m3 (1000 litres) but are filled with the quantity advertised, 0.73m3 (which is approx. 730 litres). Therefore, they may sometimes look underfilled but all bags are automatically filled and monitored with regular testing on each batch to ensure they are filled to the correct volume. Also being a natural product the appearance of the bark itself can vary from batch to batch. However, if you have any further queries or wish to follow this up more please feel free to contact us again Customer Services
The bark came exactly on time, was in the quantity and was of excellent quality throughout - no nasty bits at the bottom It was good value for money too, compared with other suppliers
1. Where can Rolawn deliver to?
Delivery is available to UK mainland addresses only.
2. Does the price include delivery?
Yes it does.
3. When will orders be delivered?
If you order also includes raised beds we will deliver these first, Rolawn will then contact you to arrange a suitable delivery date. If your order does not include raised beds Rolawn will still contact you a few days after you have placed your order with us in order to arrange a suitable delivery date.
4. What does kerbside delivery mean?
Kerbside delivery means that the delivery will be placed as close to the property as deemed safe by the driver. The delivery driver will have a pallet truck on his vehicle to unload your order. Unfortunately pallet trucks can only operate on tarmac, concrete and paved areas, which need to be level and clear of obstructions, they are not able to be operated on gravel drives.
5. Can the bags be delivered over a hedge/fence?
The turf and bulk bags of soil will usually be off-loaded using a hydraulic tail-lift and pallet truck, and therefore cannot be lifted over a hedge or fence.
6. Do customers have to be at home when the delivery is made?
It is preferable that our customers are at home to accept the delivery when it is made. Therefore it is important that they ensure they are satisfied with the agreed delivery date. Safe access will need to be provided to the point of unloading. Rolawn are able to deliver if customers are not present, but in these circumstances, they accept no liability for any deterioration in or theft of any of the items delivered. Neither can they accept responsibility for the consequences of the positioning of the pallets or bulk bags by the delivery driver.
7. What type of off-loading does the vehicle have?
The pallets are unloaded using a hydraulic platform or tail lift, which lowers the pallet to ground level. The driver then uses a small manual pallet truck to pull the pallet to the nearest hard-standing flat surface to customer’s property.
8. How big are the bags, and are they returnable?
The bags are approximately 0.5m³, containing 500 litres when packed. Products within the bags may move in transit and compact during handling, however the bag will still contain 500 litres. All bulk bags are ‘non-returnable’. We would greatly appreciate you disposing of these bags responsibly.
9. What vehicles do Rolawn use to deliver?
The order will be delivered on an 18 ton vehicle, slightly bigger than a large dustbin lorry.